1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Processor... which one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rydema, 30 Aug 2017.

?

Which Processor?

1. Intel i5-7500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. AMD Ryzen 5 1600

100.0%
  1. Rydema

Rydema What's a Dremel?

After I build the system i'll be looking to get a new graphics card as i'm on a 1050gtx :( poor thing struggles

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'll give it a look when I get around to it cheers, got a long list of things to do in my 'office' first :)

Out of interest mate what are you currently running in your setup?

3. Rydema

Rydema What's a Dremel?

AMD FX8350, 16gb Ram, 2xSSD (OS running on 256gb and freq games on 120gb), 1xHD 1TB, EVGA GTX1050

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You not thought about doing the GPU first and then the cpu/mobo later? I don't know much about the FX series but I imagine it holds you back less than the 1050.

Edit: Although I guess I get it what with the current GPU market and all that, however long that lasts.

5. Rydema

Rydema What's a Dremel?

I surpass the minimal requirements when it comes to pubg but I feel other games lag because of my GPU, I mean according to GD my cpu is above recommended

6. rend

rend What's a Dremel?

You giving me ideas haha. Will have to give it a try and if it does crash, will give me just another reason to order more RAM :hehe:

When I was building the system, it started as a budget build...so I was planning on GTX1060 the most...then after tons of youtube videos I figured I might go for GTX1070 and invest in a 1440p monitor later on....Here I am now sitting with a £550 GTX1080 just because I was itching for the "almost best".... I mean the graphics card costs half of my other parts put together :D But let me tell you, totally worth it!

If I was you I would probably look into upgrading graphics card first instead of Mobo/CPU.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm writing this on a PC which cost £500... in total. :p

8. rend

rend What's a Dremel?

That was my initial plan also...but something went wrong :D

9. Rydema

Rydema What's a Dremel?

Ok, so I'm gonna do proper saving up now by the looks of things..... so I'm gonna drop the F bomb and say **** it! Spec me Ryzen 1600, i'm looking at a MSI Tomahawk b350 mobo and a 16gb kit, and possibly 1070gtx. brand me and full warning i'm a cheapskate so best bargins :p

10. rend

rend What's a Dremel?

To be fair you already specced it yourself:) You got the idea of components you need now find best price and purchase:)
    I found it to be just another fun part, hunt and find parts. But to be fair I ordered Ryzen 1600 and B350 ROG Strix motherboard from Ebuyer at 10pm and had it delivered next day for 2 quid) it was click and collect and was at the place at 9am!
    Safe to say I used their website for most part cause I wanted them ASAP when I decided what i need. Just the case I had to buy from a different website)
    Also PSU I won on ebay, 750watt modular Corsair PSU for 30 quid, looks like new...cant go wrong haha

Good luck and have fun;)

P.S - I did want to build a budget system but instead it took slightly longer and now the system can run pretty much everything, totally worth it!) All new with warranty apart from PSU..where a budget system or a cheaper second hand system you will always doubt and count push it to levels you want to)
    I think its worth slightly saving or taking longer but going for better hardware)

Last edited: 2 Sep 2017
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can