1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

A couple of my friends saw him talk at a sci-fi convention once. The high point was that he had a line in an episode once but it was cut.

Byron C likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Was playing Doom but gave up on the first boss, I hate bosses with a passion as most of the time they are so unnecessary. But that aside I must be getting worse at gaming as I know I beat this boss, eventually, on the first playthrough but I cannot now and more to the point I really don't want to.

Moved to Wolfenstien: Old Blood again and I see that I have not played Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain which I must have bought at some point.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain is excellent. The first two hours are the shittest thing ever - skip all the cutscene crap and get through it into the open world. Then it's a lot of fun for 100 hours.

Resident Evil 6 was total trash but I couldn't refund it :( So now I've moved onto 10 hrs of free Mass Effect Andromeda and finishing Hidden Folks

Morn needed his own monologue in Season 7.

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Aug 2017
  4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Glad you mentioned that as it looks like I have played 25 minutes of it, must have got fed up and uninstalled it. will try and persevere this time around.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Crawling around the hospital is absolute crap game play. I skipped ALL the game cut-scenes and it was a lot faster + more bearable. I am not a MGS fan so I don\t care for the story. The gunplay and missions are excellent, though, a lot of fun if you're a bit completion-ist.

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I think for a lot of people, the first couple of hours of MGS: Phantom Pain was absolute torture.
    It would be nice if there was a patch/mod to let you completely skip to the open world content; since the story is so all over the place, any initial confusion from skipping the intro wouldn't matter.

I've recently gone back to playing AC IV: Black Flag, I'm not really paying any attention to the story this time through as I just want to sail around and pillage.
    Also playing Blitzball quite a bit, or rather my niece is playing FFX on my PS4 and I'm doing the Blitzball parts as she struggles with that bit...

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Doom heavily rewards exploration, plenty of praetor tokens, rune trials that unlock stuff and so on that you simply don't get (and will sorely miss later in the game) if you go too straight, plus it rewards switching weapons often and things like that.
    In other words, difficulty in Doom has more to do with how little / much you play like a completionist rather than the difficulty setting you pick in the menu.
    (unless of course you crank it up to ultra nightmare, which is a whole other story)

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Up to that point I had collected every collectable and only could not complete two rune challenges I still hate bosses.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I don't really like them either, I guess I'm just immune to that sort of bs in games for a few more years due to the most egregious one in recent history (Deus Ex HR)

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

HR was so tiresome. I can't fathom why these games get such critical acclaim

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Of the four interesting franchises that where revived Deus Ex got by far the best treatment:
    Thief? How the hell am I supposed to navigate a city where everything looks copy pasted and there are tons of invisible barriers?
    Max Payne 3? It had nothing to do with the previous games in either theme or art style, plus the KB + M controls have been ruined to make it playable on controllers, hey dvelopers, if you can't do both, don't release it for both.
    Hitman Absolution? It wouldn't have been too bad a game, had it not pretended to be a Hitman game.
    So Deus Ex with its nice theme and art style, passable combat and stealth was simply the best received one, despite the trash boss fights and the stupid ending.

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Car Mechanic Simulator 2018, a bit buggy in places and quite frustrating at times when you leave a part off a car but good fun none the less.

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I bought Brawlout. It's a Super Smash Bros. Clone for the PC (and apparently Switch) that plays nearly exactly like a SSB game, including the advanced mechanics like wavedashing.

It's early access, it needs refinement and the character roster is still low. But it plays beautifully, looks nice, has the options you'd expect from a PC game and it plays like an advanced FPS, not locked to 60FPS. So it can be competitive at 120FPS or even higher.

My High point? It has built in support for Gamecube Controllers. It detects my adapter straight away and even has the appropriate icons.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Deus Ex: Human Revolution again, trying to be a bit more stealthy but having trouble, though to be fair only in the police station have I resorted to killing every one. Just killed the first boss Barratt and I have no idea how.

15. Rydema

Rydema What's a Dremel?

Rocking Fallout 4 again, Completed it on the xbox but only did the main story,... so i'm now going onto the PC one and doing EVERYTHING

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yakuza Kiwami, it may just be a PS4 HD rerelease to cash in on the hype for next years Yakuza 6, but I don't care, its still a bloody masterpiece.

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Still on Fallout 4, had a break with holidays and whatnot. Just waiting for the 1080 to turn up to max and mod it out at 1440p.

After that it'll be Witcher 3 that I have yet to play (been waiting for the monitor and gpu).

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

So I joined the PUBG bandwagon Friday evening. Big mistake, stayed up until 5:30am playing it.
    I'm absolutely erm... not good at it, but it's so much fun and really gets my adrenaline pumping (as much as possible, I'm still seated).

Also got back to a bit of Planetside 2 which is always quite fun if you find a good fight.

19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Ahhh, the lure/frustration of PUBG! I've been playing for a few weeks and am now settling into it and less frustrated. You're right about the adrenaline...I'm still very second rate in a shootout. I had the jump on someone last night as I heard them coming into a room that I was clearing.
    I had time to line up with the Uzi, shot first, and still got nailed :miffed:

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Now all the seasoned CS:GO players have migrated to it I've lost any interest I might have had. Is there no level system where you match similar players?