1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

those look to be the epitome of style over substance! not much style, either.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I rather like the style - and it rode very well...for two weeks... :lol:

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, they style looks great - shame to hear about the substance!

What happened in the end Jinq?

I'm still riding my Moto Guzzi V7. Its AMAZING!

4. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

be wary of leaving your gloves on your bike, left mine to dry on bike in sun after a brief spell of heavy rain during my coffee break to find them gone. :(
    i was a bit daft, reckless and lucky as a fellow biker chased the thief away or my go pro would have been taken as well. im never leaving without my tank bag again

5. jinq-sea

It went, and a CBR125R has filled its shoes. Had to cancel my theory test 'cos a relative snuffed it last week and having to travel for funeral instead of doing test :(

Envious of the MG - got plenty of miles down on it? I did just buy the HJC Iron Man(dem) helmet though. Nerdfest...!

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

When I bought it, had 980 miles - just passed the 2000 mark. Actually nearly had an accident in Crouch end the other day.

bdigital likes this.
  7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Though I'd bleed the brakes of the VFR last weekend. How hard can it be?

Step 3 of the second hydraulic loop (the one with all the extra valves and link hardware): "remove the rear wheel".

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

10. jinq-sea

That's a good bit of mileage :) Glad you didn't stack it in my old manor, too. That would have been an bad thing!

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I had an air-line (venturi) vacuum bleeder, the actual process of pulling the fluid through wasn't the problem.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Any of you chaps need a disc lock or kevlar jeans? Because I'm selling those things over here (Mammoth 13mm disc lock and 48" waist JTS Warrior jeans). They're great jeans; shame to see them go, but I've lost so much weight that they're like clown trousers on me now.

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Didn't know we had a bike thread, cool. Currently got an old GSX-R600 that I got for £1,500. It was a Cat C write off merely because of a dent in the frame. Had been sat in a garage for 18 months and had clearly spent some time outside. I've spent the last few months restoring it to it's former glory. Japanese hardware really is ****, slowly replacing the nuts and bolts with pro-bolt stuff.

I'll keep the bike until next year, where my intention is to turn it into a track bike and get a new KTM 1290 Super Duke. Many wheelies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edzieba likes this.
  14. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

man that looks sweet. not a bad cat-c find at all, damn shame bikes like that take it out of my bad back:(

15. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Cheers. I am the same, I can do an hour on it before needing to get off and stretch. I'd love a good adventure bike, however I've got short legs and most of them have pretty high seat heights. I figure the Super Duke is a good compromise. Either that or a BMW S1000R.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Doing the module 1 test on Tuesday - wasn't in any way anxious about it until today!

TBF the part that worries me the most is going from a 125cc bike to a 650cc (a Suzuki SFV650 Gladius, apparently). Mental note: the throttle is not an on/off switch, you do not need to rev the balls of a 650cc bike to get your speed up! I've got 6hrs tuition on Monday afternoon, so hopefully that's plenty of time to get used to the bike itself and the manoeuvres.

I'm less worried about the mod 2 than I am the mod 1!

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I messed up my MOD 1, I basically did not listen to the guy and got a section wrong, he deemed it unsafe and failed me

Tip: Whatever the lady or gentleman asks you to do, do not be afraid to talk it back to them before you do it, just to make sure it is 100% in your head before setting off :thumb:

Like you, I was more worried about my MOD 1 than I was the MOD 2,
    You will be fine :thumb:

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Cheers :thumb:.

Just glad I've got some time (5hrs) with an instructor booked on Monday afternoon!

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

What do you guys think would be a good price for my CBF125? Assuming I actually pass both "big bike" tests, I'm probably going to look to upgrade as soon as possible - as in, before the end of the month as my local Honda dealer has some offers on right now. I have no idea when it comes to pricing second hand bikes however. A quick scan over autotrader for bikes of this mileage/age (a hair under 7000 miles, registered late 2014) suggests about £1000 would be reasonable, but it does have a little bit of cosmetic damage from when I came off a few weeks back. Maybe ~£900 or so given the damage? Of course I could be way off either way - I have no idea!

Good bit of road rash on the front brake lever...

[​IMG]

Fairing damage, nice!

[​IMG]

More fairing damage :grin:

[​IMG]

I'm sure the brake lever isn't supposed to be that high...

[​IMG]

I'll be honest, I'm going to miss this bike when it finally goes. I won't miss having to peg the accelerator open all the way just to get up to speed though! :grin:

[​IMG]

20. VladTepes

VladTepes What's a Dremel?

Hey all.

The bike I currently own/ride is the best all-round bike I've ever ridden (and I've ridden a couple or three....)

Suzuki GSX1400.
    Traditional Muscle Bike styling with TORQUE TORQUE TORQUE and it's even comfortable for long trips !

Oh and did I mention the TORQUE ?

This one is mine.

(the red is actually a fair bit deeper than it looks in the video)

Any GSX1400 owners, or prospective owners here?
    Jump aboard: www.gsx1400owners.org/forum