1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've got around 30 hours in PUBG and am still as dreadful at winning a firefight as when I first started, it's still a lot of fun though.

The game does have some matchmaking in the background to put you up against other players within a skill bracket, however because the leader boards reset I think the matchmaking gets wiped whenever that happens.

Arboreal likes this.
  2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The leaderboards are reset once a month and that's only for third person. First person (which imho is waaaaaay more fun) is still "beta" and thus no leaderboard. Either way, with 100 players on the map at the start, you don't really need to worry about matchmaking. Half the time it's more about luck and patience than skill anyway. :)

Arboreal likes this.
  3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Northgard. Early access base builder SIM/fighter. Seems.. interesting and quite polished for an early title. Cheap too, currently.

5hrs of Northgard and it's brilliant! Very addictive RTS.

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Sep 2017
  4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am again playing Sniper Elite 4. Not sure why they included the word sniper in the title as I have used the sniper rifle very rarely in the first three levels, in fact in level three I used it but once. I am sneaking around taking enemy soldiers out either with silence weapon or take downs. I think this franchise has lost it's way as far as the interpretation of what a sniper actually does. Mind you Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 has the same sort of Issues.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

First Destiny, got it for £5 just to see if I could get on with FPS and a controller, turns out I can so Destiny 2 will probably be coming soon.

Didn't seem to take very long to finish the main story though, I wouldn't be surprised if I've only gotten single figure hours out of it. Might see if I can get all the expansions cheap somewhere.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

XCOM 2 War of the Chosen.

Damn fine game.

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Hollow Knight

Amazingly gorgeous Metroidvania. I've loved these sorts of games since the Original Metroid, and even more when I first played Symphony of the Night. Hand Drawn Sprites, responsive and challenging gameplay, it's fantastic. If you like challenging exploration, it's a must play.

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I'm actually having a resurgence in Diablo 3. Might have to get the Necromancer pack for it.

I think I might get this, looks like Settlers in 3d without it suffering from all the rubbishness they made it into after Settlers II.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Currently playing through the released Divinity Original Sin 2, playing it on the hardest difficulty so having to be really cautious not to aggravate the wrong NPCs.

The Necromancer is pretty fun to play, something very enjoyable about using exploding corpses to kill your enemies.
    I haven't found it to steamroll through everything as hard as the Witch Doctor but haven't found myself needing to run away from anything yet.

10. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Mafia 3. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be tbh and I think some of the early reviews were very harsh. Great setting, decent graphics, amazing sound track and a decent story with a balanced and mature take on the racism in the late 60s. Sure some of the racket stuff is repetitive and there are a few bugs but there are an decent number of solid missions to balance that out. It is also hard to hate a game with when songs like "Fortunate Son", "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place", "A Little Less Conversation" and "Born To Be Wild" are blaring out of the radio as you are drifting around New Orleans with the cops on your tail!

Kinda tempted to pick up the DLC but might wait for a sale, otherwise I'd be paying twice the price I paid for the base game on the DLC! lol

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I tried to start a WD but didn't get on with it. Dunno why. Ended up loving demon hunter the most and a sorceress too.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Still SO expensive on Steam though. It's got to drop to "worth a punt" price imo. Added to wishlist for sales.

13. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Keep an eye on the Humble Bundle store; they had it stupidly cheap a while ago; seems to happen every so often. It depends on what "worth a punt" is, though... a fiver?

I didn't particularly care for it as a game, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Another reason to distrust any sort of game review. My main complaint is that it's pretty crash-happy on my system, but I haven't tried it for a while so it may be better now.

Right now I'm playing Rocksmith 2014. Decided I needed something productive to do after work that didn't involve continuing to work.

14. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I picked it up for £6.64 from CD Keys using their Facebook code (you don't need an account to get it). I'd say it is well worth anything below £10 tbh. I'm on my second play through at the moment to get a few achievements and to see an alternative ending. Frankly any fan of 60s music would love this game, add to that the gameplay and combat is uncomplicated fun; so it makes a great chillout game tbh.

There are still some bugs but it isn't as bad as it was. It has seen quite a few patches when the DLC was released. I've not had any crashes and most of the bugs I've had have been interaction to continue mission problems. You walk up to a person and talk to them too quick and you can't talk to them again right after. A reload of the checkpoint or a restart of the game solved that without issue.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea 5/6 quid is fine. Thanks for the tips, ill keep eyes out.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

As I have been playing a lot of games in stealth mode I thought i would go back to Alien Isolation which I gave up on, not just because of the stealth aspect but the constant go here get that then come back ETC ETC.

17. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Not sure how far in you got but I'd keep at it. I found Alien Isolation to be a great stealth title and it gets better as it goes. It is easily the best game ever released for the franchise and captures feel and vibe of the first film very nicely.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

There is one other thing that I didn't like and that was that the alien was small and grey and nothing like alien from the film's.

19. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

You might want to give the original film another watch. The Alien from Alien Isolation is very accurately based on the Alien from the original 1979 film, both in size and form. It isn't the only thing very accurately based off the first film either, they have done an incredible job of recreating locations from the film as well with only minor changes, many for game play reasons. I rewatched the original film before playing the game and it really does add something to the experience to have it all fresh in your mind as you are playing.

There are a few comparison articles about that might be worth a look. As for the other films, I can't comment as I can't bring myself to rewatch them.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Alien Isolation: This is my second go at finishing this game and I know why I did not the first time. This game is tedious in the extreme. I see little point in most of the weapons given their total uselessness. I watched some guy punch an android to death yet it survives 3/4 bullets from my revolver to the head. I will finish it but will never play it again.
    Could find nothing to like about this game.