1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It does look stunning. I cannot for the life of me use m&kb though. I've played Destiny for over 3yrs with a controller and my brain cannot handle it. Maybe if I remap everything. Q being grenade and F being super just hurts my brain.

2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I have all of the class abilities (bar super) mapped onto my mouse (Cyborg R.A.T 3). This helped me massively as, like you, I have played D1 since launch.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just had a quick go with my set-up:
    Core i5-4690K@3.50GHz
    8Gb Ram
    Intel HD 4600 (On-board Graphics) (1920x1080 @60fps)

I was expecting it to run at a snail's crawl, but fair play it was incredibly playable (and smooth too, even if it didn't look the greatest). I think I need to sort out a profile on my mouse for it though (Corsair Scimitar) as I couldn't remap the controls to the side buttons from in game. which I think would help a lot, I'm so not used to using keyboard and mouse for fps's anymore.

I also really need to get a graphics card for this PC (anyone know if my old BFG 6600GTOC is any better than Intel HD? Although to be honest, since I plan on getting a 1060 in the next couple of months I'm not sure it's worth the hassle messing around with drivers)

5. GravitySmacked

The HD 4600 is better than your old 6600GGT, so don't bother and wait until your new card.

Blademrk likes this.
  6. Hex

I'm honestly happy to play with controller and no aim assist. I am not a fan of aim assist, I switch it off on every console game that lets me do it. I would rather aim at who I want to aim at and not have my aim snapped away from me to someone else at full health when I'm a cat's whisker away from killing someone! :grr:

7. GravitySmacked

I always leave it on when playing shooters on consoles; I'm too terrible with a controller not to.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Blademrk and Hex like this.
  9. Hex

I used to be. I spent years with no consoles and was steadfastly mkb4lyfe! Then I got a console and my PC died, so for a few years I only used a controller and I got pretty decent with it and you get better just by turning off the aim assist. I'd rather the aim went where I want, rather than having it moved. Now I have both again and if it's a new game, I am fine with mkb, but if it's something I've played a lot with controller my brain really struggles! I'm going to go through my LawBreakers and Overwatch key-mappings later and see what I need to change Destiny 2's stuff to so it's at least a little easier for me. I'll stick to controller for PvE though.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So what do people make of it?

I am honestly happy but a little disappointed at the same time and I am not sure why.

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've bought a used copy of the original Destiny to see if I can get on with the controls before I get 2 for the PS4, otherwsie I'll wait till the PC release.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

If I'm utterly disinterested in online play and didn't get stirred in any way by the first one, is Destiny 2 likely to change my mind in any way?

I've just ordered a White PS4 Pro + D2 bundle, but only because it seems it's the only way to get a white Pro, so inclined to flog the game and codes straight away, unless there's a compelling reason not to.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It is very much of the same as D1 but a bit better in terms of story and play-ability but I would suggest looking on youtube or twitch and watching some stuff before you decide.

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I know they said we were going to lose all our stuff, but I hated how that was handled in the intro mission.
    It felt like our characters were reset before we lost our connection to the light. I mean we built up this small arsenal in D1 and then when we rush back to the city we're equipped low level (100 light) guns/armour? it just didn't make sense. I would have thought we would have had random Legendary items equipped at the least and then lost them once our connection to the light was severed...

I also hate not having access to my sparrow, it needs to unlock earlier than it does. Walking through the maps takes forever unless you can nick a pike from a fallen dreg.

Other than that, I'm quite enjoying it. Just got to level 20 so it's time to start collecting purple item's again.

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference.

I've only just got to the bit where you lose your light, though, so perhaps that's why.

I'm not sure as to the point of importing characters from D1, considering the complete reset of equipment and skills, and the visuals still being .. Basically the same.

16. GravitySmacked

Peer pressure is a son of a bitch! I buckled and picked up the PS4 version yesterday - I'm still going to get the PC version when it comes out but a few of my mates buckled so I also felt the need :worried:

Liking what I've played so far, they've certainly stepped up the story a couple of notches, very polished and atmospheric - so far so good :)

Hex likes this.
  17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Grrrr, can't decide whether to get this for PS4 tomorrow or wait for the pc version.
    Main advantage to me is that presumably all the multiplayer stuff will be free on PC so I won't have to shell out another £40 for ps plus.

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Never played the first (didn't know anything about it to be honest) but have been talked into getting this.

I feel like a tight arse - I know £40ish (£45 for Destiny 2) has been the same price point for games for decades now but it feels like way more money these days after being spoilt by Steam and other internet deals.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I cannot wait for the pc version.

I have been playing it alot on the Xbox One but not putting in to much effort to get things done because I probably will barely it on the Xbox One once the pc version is out.

20. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I was never into the first one. I was thinking of getting it for PC, but what is it like for the MMO aspect? Does it expect you to be super committed like the first one apparently was?