1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ok so I've just got to the office and looked into this. Unfortunately the only way seems to be to go into the conversation and click leave conversation at the top right of it.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

And I have just discovered that you can do leave multiple conversations using your method.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Actually quite simple, Tick the box on the left hand side of a conversation, in the box that opens click select all, on tick any you want to keep then click on leave conversations and that will clear that page. Rinse and repeat on all other pages. Job done.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I assumed you couldn't do this in bulk due to it being under "moderation actions" but if you can then great. Saves me a bunch of time. Thanks for the help

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Been getting this today when I click the comments icon on an article from the front page:

[​IMG]

And on mobile I noticed there isn't a link to comments at all? Is that supposed to be the case? It's a bit of a shame as I do most of my browsing on mobile so not linking through just means I comment less.

6. MLyons

Any article or 2 specifically if it's 2 specifically I know what's happened. If it's all then it's account related. So on mobile you want a link to the forums?

7. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Seems to be specifically that article and another I can't remember, guess that was something done when it was posted?

Yeah for mobile it would be nice to have a little icon that links through to the forum comments section like on the desktop site if possible.

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Marvel vs capcom 3 by any chance? (I don't think there is a thread in the forums for it to link to)

9. MLyons

should be fixed now

10. Xir

Xir Modder

Did you change something recently?
    Text is black on white again (or black on light grey), text is sharp again, scrolling is back to normal.
    (After the update I had dark grey text on grey backgroung, unsharp text while scrolling, lots of very slow scrolling)

Or is this browser dependent?

11. Xir

Xir Modder

ah, every other post is grey background/ white background/ grey background/ white background

12. MLyons

Yh, this was done to make it easier to see different posts and they all sort of blended together when the forum was first released. The other things i have no idea. I don't think anything was changed. You're talking about just the forums right?

13. Xir

Xir Modder

Yes, just the forums

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Anyone else having posting problems?

I can't post anything wrapped in spoiler tags

15. MLyons

Looks good to me @David

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Must be a problem on my end then - I keep getting this:

[​IMG]

17. MLyons

hmmm, I'll look into this Monday. I'm guessing the same happens when you put stuff inside the spoiler tag aswell.

18. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Is it possible to have the active topics button or whatever it was called back, don’t know how anyone else uses the forum but I just click on new posts and read something of interest in the list, I may not contribute right away for what ever reason, I used to be able to come back to the forum click active topics and scroll through the list and find it, with the new setup because I have read it, the thread no longer shows up in new threads, for an obvious reason ,sure, it’s no longer new :D but that is no go for me, I don’t recall the exact thing I was reading or where it was and therefore the moment passes and I never go back to what I was going to do or add anything to the forum.

Pure laziness I’m sure but the old way worked for me.

19. MLyons

Like the one on the right here [​IMG]

https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?find-new/posts

20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The problem with new posts as mentioned is that if you have already read one of the new posts but decided you want to revisit it later, the post you are interested in is not longer in the new posts list as it is not new, previously the active topics menu button would show posts on forum to a specific time whether you have read them or not, so you can always find what you were reading earlier.

How it is at the moment unless I specifically add a thread to a watch list I can't find it again later with remembering what it was called or what forum it was in, no something I am good at and marking as a watched topic is too much of a faff on the phone when I am just taking a sneaky peak.

As an example, having just put something in this thread, if I now go to new posts, this post doesn't come up as I have already been in it, so finding it again can be a chore (assuming I didn't know what forum it was posted in, in the first place.)