1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Does your bottom take daily punishment?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 14 Sep 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks to a friendly guy on OCUK forums I am going to travel to the other side of Edinburgh to try out his Humanscale Freedom chair., a generous offer of course made even more so is he is preparing a move to London on Saturday so a busy time but still has kindly managed to squeeze me in.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Humanscale Freedom it is thanks to Ian from OCUK. Lovely chair though if I was being picky it would have been nice to be able to lock the back in place.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You will get used to that mate don't worry about it. At first I was thinking about locking it somehow, but if anything all it has done is force me to sit properly and sit up straight. I had some awful habits before. When you want to kick back it's the most comfy chair I have ever had and I have had a miller and Staple's most expensive.

Before long you will wonder how you did without it (the leaning thing). For example, as I type this to you I am in the "Gangster lean" position :D But yeah, nice wide ass area, solid dense foam that does not give out after a few months (the crime of EVERY chair sub £300 I have ever had) and will last you a lifetime.

Like my keyboards and other peripherals my chair has a sodding hard life. Me jumping in and out of it at 18st for a start, and it's coped admirably with no degradation whatsoever.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just ordered and in doing so saved myself over a £100 the first company I was going to buy from had the 'excluding VAT in a tiny font, then want 3.5% extra because I wanted to pay by credit card and £36 p&P which was fair enough. Total was £407.79. The guy I went out to see this morning mentioned where he bought his from so nipped over to them and bought the chair for £299 with free p&P. Result.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm considering getting a new chair, so do you mind if I ask where you got yours from, Kronos?

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I want one of these

https://www.johnlewis.com/herman-miller-classic-aeron-office-chair/p230630306

Currently out of my price range though.

Currently using a GTOmega Racing chair, and it's the 2nd one in 2 years that have both had the welds fail of them in the base of the chair which causes the back to basically snap off, the first one my brother welded again and it's now stronger than ever but I will not be buying or even recommending them to anyone.

If I could fit my recliner in my room I would have that instead, since that is really comfy have fell asleep in it a few times.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Certainly not mate. Got it from here. As I said the guy who's chair I went to see bought from them and they seem to have decent reviews on Trust Pilot.
    https://www.2ndhnd.com/

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Nice one, cheers Kronos.

9. Vault-Tec

If memory serves I paid £230? £240 for mine? then something mad like £30 postage. Don't care though, love it. Will try and find the original thread now, then I will know how long I've had it.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think the guy who's chair I saw paid that Andy. I could have bought one at around that price but I wanted the black with chrome so it cost a bit more. Looking forward to it as the piece of junk i am sitting on is crippling me.

11. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Another happy customer here from 2ndhnd.com - I bought a Steelcase Leap from them and I'm very happy with it.

12. Vault-Tec

I think I am going to buy a low back chair for my oldskool rig from that site. I will destroy my cow rug dragging my main chair over it (well, that's just my BS reason I could always lift the cow rug lol).

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The chair i use at home is pretty much a 1980s looking chair that folds out into a bed. It's not the correct height, doesn't have arms, is uncomfortable to sit up properly in and can't be adjusted... But it sure is comfy if i need to put my feet up or fall asleep in it.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What was the delivery time like George?

15. Vault-Tec

lol you're a bad man Glen ! this is all your fault :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steelcase Let's B £69. I was looking for one without arms too, for when I am playing driving games. I can't drop the arms on my Humanscale any more as I snapped the mech lifting myself into the hippy position so yeah, that is ideal :)

16. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I bought it from their ebay shop and I'm pretty certain it came within a few days - they sent it the same day and sent it by parcelforce. They were very good at responding to messages and I also managed to knock them down a little using eBay's 'Best Offer' function. Sat in it right now actually and I'm still very pleased.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My first retailer I spotted on Ebay and then found there store outside Ebay but the extras mounted and they had an odd payment system. Then I remembered 2ndhnd.com and it was much more straightforward to purchase.

18. Vault-Tec

They have more stock on their site. I was going to order via Ebay to save having to open an account/add all my details but the chair I wanted wasn't on Ebay, only on their site.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You pay more buying via Ebay as they need to cover their fees.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My chair is on it's way.