1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've come up with a neater cleaner way of doing it now. It's still messy, but what I do now is this. Put down some paper towels. Snip the juice bottle's tip with a scalpel at a slant so the needle fits. Then insert the needle into the bottle and leave it there. Then I fill the ATM 5ml syringe, wipe the nozzle on a separate paper towel and then insert into the needle and press down as I am putting it in. I found you can put the nicotine through the needle by push, but you can't drag it in by force. Any way, once the syringe has emptied I pull it from the needle (leaving that in the juice bottle) and repeat. None of this mixing bottle nonsense. Do that four times and I'm good for a five minute shake :D

So yeah, it was much easier and cleaner doing it that way. I've now ordered a 20ml syringe to try and do it all in one go. Not sure it will go into the nicotine bottle yet though, so haven't actually tried it.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I just took the cap off and used a 1ml syringe 5 times. Was a pain in the ass compared to just doing 1.2ml of 72. especially as the shots are in really small bottles that can easily be knocked over.

3. Vault-Tec

Yeah that sounds like a pain. I had the option of ordering the puppie slush in 10ml but thought better of it. Would rather mix once every 2-3 weeks than every sodding day.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Think i might start doing batch mixing of bases then just adding flavour later. most people that i sell to buy 3mg anyway. That way i could just pour in 34ml of VG per 10ml of VG shot scaled up. add my 10% of flavour whenever i make anything final.

5. walle

walle Minimodder

HJS RPHA 11 Pro Helmet and a pair of Icon Hypersport Pro Short Gloves.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Ticket for Blade Runner 2049 at the local IMAX on Thursday.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Part ex'ed my CBF 125 for this today - Honda NC750X:

[​IMG]

Absolutely lovely to ride, nice to have all that torque available right throughout the rev range. Looking forward to wearing in those spanking new tyres at the weekend :grin:.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Camera hood for my EFM lens, because lens hood is needed most of the time anyway
    Sling strap for the camera, standard one did my head in after about ten minutes
    Lens pouches to protect expensive lenses in the bag
    Lens caps because I dropped one

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Finally got my new screen, meaning I can use the keyboard I purchased a few months go.
    Dell S2417DG.

It's a shame I can't use it to it's full potential. Seeing that it's hooked up to my current and only rig, my laptop, which has Optimus, meaning the Intel GPU is the driving the screen and the Nvidia feeding it, there's no G-Sync and best it can do is 120Hz. Nvidia GPU is a 780M so no G-Sync support there either.

10. MLyons

Got me a new keyboard (k75) so when I'm at home I won't be tortured by my membrane one after using my wonderful
    "£499.99" Lawdy

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

500 €, so around 445 quid. This ain't rip-off Britain.

Anyway, I could spend 500€ on a screen now, and have it last me a good 5, 6 or maybe even more years.
    Or I could spend 250€ on a screen and be unhappy with it in two or three years.

12. MLyons

I was going based on amazon prices. I didn't think a 1440p 165Hz monitor was £450 I was thinking nearer 300

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Depends if Freesync or G-Sync, I guess.

14. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Well I picked this up last week.

[​IMG]

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's a beautiful image tag you got there, mate! :thumb:

Byron C and IanW like this.
  16. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

A bottle each at the local whisk(e)y fair.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Cheap nato strap for the semi smart watch, quite happy with it

[​IMG]IMG_2654 by Step83, on Flickr

20. Vault-Tec

Palm to face..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will be my winter project. I am going to get it either painted or powdered so that it resembles this.

[​IMG]

The only bike I own that I will not ride. Far too heavy (me) and it's far too short.