1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had a someone over and it happened. They woke up before me and i wake up to screaming that there's blood from my face. I'm like meh and go back to sleep

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

On a nose theme I have ulcers in my nasal passages that will not heal and although I have had them widened it is still necessary to remove the scabbing which accumulates. With that in mind the nails on my index fingers are allowed to grow far longer than on the rest of my fingers.
    I do not know if it an age thing but pretty much every time I go to my GP they are unable to diagnose what might be wrong and tend to throw pills at me. The nasal ulcers are just one of a few un-diagnosed issues.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Back on topic to What's currently ruining my life right now. JavaScript. I hope the thing dies

4. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Sounds like Rhinitis. I was diagnosed with it last year and have a nasal spray that has helped.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

It is not Rhinitis it is ulcers that refuse to heal. The are only two treatment, Naseptin and sonething whose name escapes me but tgey gad little effect as did the saline washes for which I bought a shaped pot for. My immune system is shot to tell thanks to throat cancer treatment so any healing takes forever nowadays.

6. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Rotten guts due to some unknown pathogen - was interesting in school today with the random cramping and ever present danger of a trouser based catastrophe.

Wonder if the pupils caught me grimacing :worried:

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They probably just thought you'd had the school dinners too. :p

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Man, why do scaffolding guys have to be so bloody noisy?

9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

So they can draw as much attention to their MANLINESS as possible, of course.

In all the years I spent working in construction, only plasterers came close to matching scaffolders in the "look how much I love myself" stakes...

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

I used to work as a labourer. We didn't have any scaffolders but yeah, the plasterers were the easiest to upset. Tarts :D

Ours was only about 5ft tall. Very easy to wind up lmao. I guess he thought that he'd struck gold when I started. Take the piss out of the new kid like. Didn't quite work out that way :D

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Let me think, ah yes metal on metal equals much noise.

MLyons likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Nah it's not that it's their bloody gobs lol. Ended up drowning it out with music.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oh right got you, one could argue that they might tend to be louder as a squad of scaffolders will be working at different levels and that it is a noisy profession for the reason given earlier. being in the building trade for most if my working life I suppose I am immune to the sounds of that environment.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Need to send a parcel... can i **** find any parcel tape...

MLyons likes this.
  15. K4torz

K4torz What's a Dremel?

Sitting all day because of work and stuff....

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

To the left of my desk I have a stack of tape containing, in order from bottom to top, gaffer tape, double-sided tape, double-sided thermal tape, masking tape, and parcel tape. I swear, whichever one I want out of that lot will be the one that isn't in the pile when I come to get it.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Let me guess, next to it is a box of cables, contain every type of cable known to science... except the one you're looking for...

MLyons likes this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Well it is looking like the building nextdoor took the threat from the council pretty seriously. IE - "If you don't sort out that s**t of a building we will do it and then send you the bill". So that means scaffolding for another X amount of months. It was up for nine sodding months on this building !

At least my flat doesn't look like dook any more. Having said that I preferred it looking like dook because then no one had any idea of the crap I have in here. Much less appealing to a burglar when your house looks like a Donald Trump.

MLyons likes this.
  20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Discovered that the headrest is missing two screws when the padded section lifted off. Phoned them up and they were very apologetic and the screws are in the post. Screws arrived two days later, surprised there was no note of apology, what was worse is there was no driver bit for the screws, fortunately i have something that fitted.
    Simple job I thought joining the holes in the headrest backplate to the ones in the headrest itself except they were not aligned and my trying to get them lined up pretty much killed the holes in the plastic.

Time for an email after all i had spent 300 quid on this chair. So I informed the company of the issues and mentioned I was not a happy bunny. Initially all I got was a sorry about that and nothing more. Later I received another reply which offered either to exchange the chair or headrest. As I discovered it was reasonably simple to remove the headrest completely which revealed another issue which was rusty headrest support rods. So sent photos of all problems and I now await a replacement headrest. :grr::grr::sigh::sigh: