1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oh joy, at 01.20 I am chasing Millie who in turn is chasing yet another mouse she has invited into my flat. Pretty much had to demolish a unit to get hold of the furry rodent whilst Millie looked on, that is number five in the past few nights. Perhaps she thinks I need to gain hunting skills? Bloody cat.:D:D

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Gotta agree.

Talking to a mate and he thinks Rey will turn to the dark side and Ren will have to stop her after she kills Leia!!!

3. Bradley

Bradley I used to have more banners than you :(

Love the twist... Personally can't see the recently purchased-by-disney Star Wars going for that route though. Would be amazing to watch!

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Oh that's easy to deal with, if she brings you a dead one, give her piece of chicken. If she brings you a live one, don't.

Mine took about a month to figure the game out, now I get mice, rats, pigeons, rabbits. On the one hand I am always getting dead animals dropped at (or on) my feet, on the other hand it's easier that chasing them around or cleaning up the aftermath of a David Cronenberg movie twice a week.

MLyons likes this.
  5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Bluray drive has died - dang it. Was working through ripping the Star Trek films, and its died after doing the ToS films and as I try to start the TNG ones! Talk about timing...!

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Generations wasn't that bad... It wasn't that great, but it wasn't that bad...

MadGinga likes this.
  7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That would only work, in theory, if I could give a reward or not as soon as she bought in a mouse. But as this normally happens at night when most of the time I am sleeping I do not become aware if her bringing stuff in until long after the event. I have found dead mice days later so suddenly giving Millie a bit if chicken on these occasions would be meaningless as would not giving her a reward if she has been chasing a mouse around the flat to a while.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have just come off an HOUR AND A HALF of filling in ridiculous forms for a three-month part-time technical author contract, and I've had to write a 1,500 word email flagging bits that don't make sense - like asking a self-employed person for a P45 (the last one of those I received was in 2010) or a P46 (which hasn't been a thing since April 2014.) Also, employment references: I'm self-employed, so my last employer was... me. (I've just put two clients down.)

Naturally, they're a mixture of Word, Excel, and PDF documents, and yes - the 'form' parts of the Word documents are actually just a bunch of underscores that move if you try to type anything.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be doing a videoconference to prove my Right To Work - assuming that the passport they made me courier (£19!) arrives safely.

Every other client for the past decade has been simple: sign a contract, do the work, invoice for the work, get paid. This lot, though... sheesh.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

When did it get to the point that the price of "a few beers"* the night before is spending half of the next day glued to the toilet? I'm not sure how much more I can handle.

*"A few beers" might have been more like 14 or 15 pints, but that's not the point.

MeMo likes this.
  10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

Jasmine
    March 1997 - 16 October 2017

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aw man :( Condolences.

12. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

:( Sorry for your loss, at least she had a good innings!

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

So you're working for the government now?

Getting ASUS to pay me old freelance is exactly like you're describing. Instead of invoice + wait it's print, sign, send, pester, more forms, change the invoice, print, sign, send again...

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nah, Samsung's Open Source Group (OSG) - but via a UK outsourcing firm (although, I guess from my perspective it's an insourcing firm). Think it's all sorted now - at least, it better be 'cos I start this afternoon!

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sorry to hear that.

16. RedFlames

Rip Dave's funny looking dog...

On a more personal note - Sick of getting dicked around for jobs... If you don't want to give me the job, just ****ing say so, rather than stringing me along for over a month...

MLyons likes this.
  17. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Nothing! everything is moving forward in the right direction. Get rid of the crap and it all comes back together. Yes I wasted a lot of time and energy on a very bad situation. But the lessons learned were worth it! Some people are just sick, and will do everything and anything to manipulate you!!! Thank goodness for my amazing Marsha!!

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The dog is the only one happy about it - to say they didn't get on is something of an understatement - she now has the run of the house, instead of being limited to downstairs only.

Been there. Twice. Since July.

19. RedFlames

It gets real old, real fast, that's for sure... having years of it happening over and over leaves you wanting to strangle HR people on sight...

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

They couldn't give anything away because we'd seen it before, being an almost scene for scene remake of a new hope.

I just shaved my beard off completely for the first time in a long time to find I don't like my face anymore. I'm genuinely weirded out looking in the mirror, who the hell is this pea-headed 12 year old staring back at me?

MeMo likes this.