1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Star Trek Discovery

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 2 Oct 2017.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nor me. It would be insane to claim so.

Agree with RedFlames that S1 of ANY Trek is baaad. It takes them a whole season to get comfortable.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

S1 of DS9 wasn't that bad tho

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It starts very rough but gets better. ~S4 is also pretty rough but 5 and most of 6 is excellent, except for the end. I've just started 7 now..

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The various series didn't seem to hit their stride until Season 4, Season 3 for DS9 [again imo]...

TNG - 'Yesterday's Enterprise' onwards,
    DS9 - 'The Jem'Hadar' [Season 2 Finale] onwards
    VGR - 'Scorpion' onwards
    ENT - Once they knocked that 'Temporal Cold War' BS on the head [so basically, Season 4, if you discount that god-awful finale].

Last edited: 22 Oct 2017
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Rubbish!, there were excellent episodes before the overrated (imo) yesterdays enterprise, you'd be missing out on classics such as "Matter of perspective", "Deja Q", "Booby trap", "The Enemy", "The Defector" and the highlight of Season 2; "Measures of a Man".

Guest-16 likes this.
  6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I didn't say there weren't good episodes prior to that, Measure of a Man being one of them, but imo mid way through S3 [which would be Deja Q, as it happens, tbh i had Yesterday's Enterprise mentally placed in S3 that it actually was.] is when TNG hit its stride.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nooo much earlier. All of ENT was ****. It never happened.

Gunsmith likes this.
  8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh god this.

Guest-16 likes this.
  9. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I only managed to watch the first 3 episodes so far and I'm enjoying it. Will definately continue with it - Not so sure I'm a fan of the new style 'Blingons', but time will tell.

I recently watched through all of Voyager (my fav series) and have to agree with earlier comments that season 1 was average at best. I found myself skipping the odd episode because it was dull.
    I tried with DS9 but never grew to love it. I enjoyed the original, TNG and Enterprise so fingers crossed with this one.
    It does have one thing going for it though, the image and sound quality are fantastic.

10. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

I feel like this weeks episode was the most Star Trek like episode yet. It made absolutely no sense, but it felt silo'd enough to be a normal trek episode.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah, the last couple of episodes have been much better. The whole "stuck in a time loop" trope has sort of been done to death by now (Stargate SG1 did it best :grin:), but definitely more "Star Trek" than it has been.