1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning [Build Log] - Project; Acid Burn - Nanoxia Deep Silence 6

Discussion in 'Modding' started by pcmodscanada, 23 Oct 2017.

1. pcmodscanada

pcmodscanada Modder/Gamer/Programmer

Project: Acid Burn
    This will be the build log for my current Project "Acid Burn" (based on the 90's film hackers). It will be done in a Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 case featuring a lot of custom acrylic work. Planned acrylic work includes:

- PSU Shroud
    - Fan Grills
    - Mid-plate with channels and pass-through's
    - Rectangular Reservoir

I plan on documenting every step of the build's progress start to finish with lots of photos.

Planned Specs
    ASRock Taichi Z370
    Intel i7 8700K
    Single/SLI 1070/1080

Sponsors
    I huge thanks goes out to Nanoxia for sponsoring this build

Look forward to getting this build off the ground, just waiting for parts to arrive :).

Teaser_v2.png
    View attachment 41819

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Moved to Modding until there is something else going on.

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Once you start showing off work, then it qualifies. :)

4. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Sweet CNC setup dude.

5. pcmodscanada

Thanks man, its quite fun to use that's for sure. Going to be giving it a workout with this build :)

6. pcmodscanada

Update #1
    Been spending the last month getting some hardware/equipment for the build, I now have everything i'll need to get the build off the ground. Next step is to start modeling the case into Fusion360 so I can plan out my mods and create some renders in the progress. I'll hopefully have the planning done in 2-3 weeks (might be a little longer thanks to Christmas) and then I can start modding.

Work Space
    I have added a 2.5' x 6' table to my work space give me more place to work as well as a place to put all my incoming supplies.

Case
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 6

I knew this case was huge but seeing it in person is a whole another story. Not only is it big, it's built like a tank with the side panels weighing more then most mid tower cases. Quality can been seen thought the case from the heavy-duty side panels, to the sound damping foam around the IO cutouts.
    IMG_8062.JPG

Equipment
    Monsoon Bend Kit & Bitspower tube cutter

Will be my first time bending PETG so picked up this kit to help me out
    DM8IrjvVoAIj5rL.jpg_large.jpg

Aquacomputer Dr. Drop Pressure Tester
    I have doing some research on leak testing and found this which can be used to leak test without fluid. Seems like an excellent first step to making a leak free loop.
    DOJnOP2V4AAyZ6A.jpg

Silhouette Cameo 3 - Vinyl Cutter
    I can't say enough good things about the vinyl cutter. It does details extremely well and the software is really easy to use. I had it unpacked and I was up and running in under an hour. Below are a few things I have already cut.
    IMG_8075.JPG

Hardware
    ASRock Taichi Z370

This motherboard looks killer in hand and should fit this build perfectly.
    DMd4ymsUMAAe2I8.jpg

D5 Pump with Bitspower Top, EK 250 Res & EK Evo CPU Block
    I picked this up second hand to try to save some money, the savings will allow me to do more custom CNC stuff.
    DNgY8KLUQAAbp5o.jpg

Deep Silence 1000RPM Fans
    Solid looking fans that will be used for push/pull on radiators for a total of 14 rad fans.
    IMG_8043.JPG

CoolForce Cable Combs
    These really look amazing and the package they came in is top notch. The combs are solid aluminum and can be applied to already sleeved cables which is perfect for non-sleevers.
    IMG_8035.JPG

XSPC 360mm/420mm Radiators
    Also picked these up second hand to save money but it would be really hard to tell as they are in excellent condition. I plan on using 1 x 360mm and 1 x 420mm radiator which I'll probably paint as the white may not fit the build theme.
    21640297_10155856992827268_1707241246_o.jpg

Supplies
    Clockwerk Case Cubes from Clockwerk Industries

Will be using these to attach panels of acrylic using M3 screws

CoolForce UV Green Cooling Fluid, Fittings and LED Bars
    Can't build a loop without fluid and fittings :), also got some nice idea's for the LED bars (stay tuned).
    IMG_8048.JPG

I'm extremely excited to start modeling all my idea's and bringing this build to life. I also would like to send a huge thanks to Nanoxia for sponsoring this build and making it become a reality.

Dietec likes this.
  7. pcmodscanada

Update #2
    I have spent the past few weeks with the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 planning out all my mods I want to do and have a rough idea how its all going to be pieced together. I have now stripped down the case and started modeling it into Fusion360, this will allow me to create some renders before cutting the pieces on the CNC. As you can see from the image below below the modeling is very detailed and I plan on bring the same level of detail in the mods I create.

Case Strip Down
    I started prepping the case by removing both the top/front panels, all the fans, and the center HDD cage. For the mods I plan to do I needed to also removed the 5.25" as well as the addition HDD bays by drilling out all the rivets that secured them to the case. This did make the case less rigid but should be fine once the custom res and acrylic panel are installed.

DPhIKx3VQAABKxW.jpg

Motherboard Tray Model
    I have started modeling the case which will help me visualize all my mods and also make sure that the mods are sized correctly for the case for cutting. Below is the motherboard tray of the Deep Silence 6 I modeled over the past few days.

MBTray.png

Hope you enjoyed the update and I look forward to showing you the mods I have planned in the near future.

--James

Last edited: 4 Dec 2017
  8. AML_customs_pc

AML_customs_pc Minimodder

James where are you getting the drawings for fusion 360, are you making them or have you found them online.

9. pcmodscanada

I'm making them myself, I got the case in hand so doing all the measurements and modeling :). Hoping to have the rest completed soon so i can start designing the parts.

10. AML_customs_pc

AML_customs_pc Minimodder

You have done a great job, I am just getting started with fusion 360 so I am a bit of a noob.

11. CustomRigs

CustomRigs CallMeCleaner

wow ... following !

fusion 360 its just a perfect tool ! i like it. You can learn it to use very fast, my opinium !