1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just found a fiver in a pocket of a jacket I have not worn for a while. A trifling amount but it still makes you feel good.

MLyons likes this.
  2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

When I was 17/18 I worked for my uncle doing a bit of labouring/roofing - when it came around to Christmas he gave me £100 bonus in cash in an envelope, it was a bit of a messy night and he only actually handed over the bonus after a few pints. I don't remember much after that, but I know I ended up leaving my jacket at one of the other lads houses when we all went there after the boozer closed/kicked us out.

It was probably 5-6 weeks after that night that he finally came in and was like "I keep moving this jacket around, but I don't know who's it is", I reclaimed my property and it got chucked straight in a wardrobe until it started getting cold enough to need a jacket again. Fast forward a solid 6 months and I dig my jacket out, feel something lumpy in the front pocket as I put it on.... CHRISTMAS BONUS!

MLyons likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Finally I think the two week state of solid depression is lifting. I actually got dressed and started assembling some very, very old bike parts.

[​IMG]

Not terribly happy with the modern repop parts as the anodising is crap. Look at the difference between the 80s bars and the brake levers, FFS.

Got out my Mike Buff and swapped back to the carbon post I bought for it.

[​IMG]

And then I had the seat post I wanted to use, the shim arrived too and I assembled the spider, ring and cranks also.

[​IMG]

Seat is also 80s.

I also found the date on the spider..

[​IMG]

Blimey all of a sudden I feel very, very old ! Feeling much better today. Tackled all of the house work just gotta do 2 days of washing up.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Mouse broke due to design issues, i followed online guides and it just broke even more... I emailed the company and got fobbed off... my partner emails the company... a new mouse is on the way in the post and because they don't stock the old model anymore... it's an upgrade to the latest...

So basically a £100 mouse for free thanks to the partners moaning talents lol

MLyons and damien c like this.
  5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

It's all fine and good until you're on the receiving end. :D

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Maybe not "awesome", but a little win nevertheless.

I am suitably convinced that my IP security camera is "secure enough". It's never going to be 100% secure, because someone could easily find another way into my network - such as KRACK, as Mr Halfacree pointed out (but at least with KRACK an attacker has to be in range - the signal drops out around the end of the driveway, whch is coincidentally exactly the area I want the camera to cover). But I didn't find it "phoning home" to any random IPs, I only found 4 open ports, and none of the open ports appear to be open to the internet (I'm going to block them at the router anyway).

So all I need to do tomorrow is: get MotionEyeOS (or MotionEye standalone) running on a Pi, subscribe to a ddns provider, get a Let's Encrypt SSL cert, and set up a reverse nginx proxy. Boom, network security camera with remote access.

7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

My new ride for the next two years. MURICA! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Not pictured: The petrol tanker that has to follow it down the road to keep it moving... ;)

9. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Eh, it's down the street. ;)

I average about 15 MPG in the city. New engine, though. Only 130 miles on the clock right now. Hopefully it gives a little better when it's a little looser. Either way, it's only $2.50 or so a gallon, so I'm not fussed. :D

The V8 cold start is just so... satisfying. I've yet to properly floor it as it is a new engine, but it should hit 60 in 7s flat, which is pretty quick for such a chunk of metal. :D

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

15 mpg... jeebus...

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I won one of 200 Intel 900P 280GB PCIe SSDs given away at yesterday's "Citizen Con" - The annual convention for the game Star Citizen

[​IMG]
    :rock:

Last edited: 28 Oct 2017
    MLyons likes this.
  12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Remember to add 20% to convert from US gallons.

But still... jeebus.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I did it ! I broke Facebook lmao.

[​IMG]

Oh and it only took me a year but my carpet queen is nearly finished lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I have somehow made it to 26.

MLyons likes this.
  15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Happy birthday :clap:

[​IMG]

On another note I have Friday and Monday off as I'm watching my cousin in a stage show then visiting my uncle.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Holy crap you're practically a child. I thought you were older than that!

Congratulations tho :thumb:

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

26 means child... :rollingeyes::worried:

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You missed "practically" and the implied sarcasm in the post.

19. MLyons

I must be practically a baby then

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Just been accepted for a 0% interest balance transfer CC from Tesco, which has come at a good time as I'm about to put £500 of insurance excess on my current one. Will save me a solid £50-60 a month on the balance my honeymoon managed to accumulate earlier this year!