1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Stranger Things (Contains Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris_Waddle, 30 Oct 2017.

1. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Just done a search for this as I assumed there would be a thread on this show - couldn't find one, so apologies if there is one and I've missed it.

Has anyone else been watching this? I've just finished season 2 and what a show it is. I've loved it - one of the best shows I've ever watched.
    I think the story is fantastic and the acting is wonderful. After everything that happened, I thought the end of season 2 was superb, what a fantastic way to end it.

For those who haven't watched it, you really should; for those who have, I'd love to hear what you think of it. I'm not one for wanting a show to keep going on and on, but I can't wait for season 3.

2. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Yeah, finished it last night

Not sure taking the show out of Hawkins for episode 7 was a good idea, but most of the rest was great.

I think this show may have a problem with characters whose names begin and end with B. Poor Bob.

3. Chris_Waddle

I agree with your comment about episode 7 - it didn't really fit at all in the main story - I'm guessing that it's going to be expanded upon in season 3.
    I really feel for Will too, hell of a life he is going through.

I watched one of the aftershow episodes last night too (thanks to autoplay) - I didn't realise that two of the main characters (Eleven & Jonathan) were played by English actors. It wasn't until I heard them talking in the aftershow that you could really tell the difference.

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'd suggest that you add "Contains Spoilers" to the title; that way those of us who watched it can freely discuss things without these annoying spoiler buttons.

I just finished watching it on Sunday night and I loved it... I watched the last four episodes straight. By doing what they did with Elle's so-called "sister" I think they made it too much like X-Men and it was very rushed, although I think it showed depth to Elle's character that was previously lacking and as you say there might be more narrative developed around these mutant kids, however it still feels very disjointed and with a lot of unanswered questions. My biggest question is what's the real connection between Elle (and the other kids from the lab) and the upside-down dimension? She opened an inter-dimensional portal for crying out loud, so there's clearly more than mere telekinesis happening there.

The Duffer brothers apparently have it all sussed out already but they're keeping their cards close to their chests at the moment, which is a good thing. Roll on Season 3!

5. Chris_Waddle

Done on the spoilers - almost did that at first, but wasn't sure if people who don't know it would start reading - some people can't resist reading even if they are warned (of course I would never do that!)

I was thinking similar with the introduction of the sister - sadly happens all to often in TV, add in a relative so you can spin the story out. I can only think that all the kids (if there are more) are going to be needed to close it for good. The episode to me just didn't fit, it was all a bit pointless really except that she found out that 'papa' wasn't dead

I liked that El got more depth too, and also Hopper. Was good to see him admitting his daughter had gone and that we was scared of it happening again.
    I like the love triangle that with Steve / Nancy / Jonathan. Still not sure who she will end up with, I find Jonathan a bit boring and Steve can be a dick - although it was so funny hearing him discuss hair care with Dustin.

As we are on bit-tech, I have to mention the 'do you know Basic? No, teach it to me' scene - oh how that took me back (as did the soundtrack).

I just hope season 3 lives up to what has been built so far - if they 'do' a Lost with it, I will be so disappointed

LennyRhys likes this.
  6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Managed to smash the last 3 episodes last night, bloody love this show, just as the Hopper was outside I said "we so need a massive lightning storm and the shadow monster over the building", thank you Duffer Brothers

I was also asking the Mrs about the Upside-down connection to El or Will.

I have so many questions but have no worry about getting answers!

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'm confident that it will not happen - there's allegedly a 30-page document that contains the entire story arc for all seasons of ST, which is a comfort to hear, and the Duffer brothers have reportedly said that they will not allow it to run for longer than the story requires.

And yeah I love the subtle comedy in this show - the Basic bit was excellent.