1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ahem:
    There you go!

To clarify: you are not MyHermes' customer; you are eBay's customer. You have no contract with MyHermes; eBay has a contract with MyHermes.

2. TekWarrior

TekWarrior What's a Dremel?

Toothache................dirty great toothache! And now having to wait 2 weeks to have it removed! pass the pliers!!!!!!

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No emergency appointment system, or dental hospital near you?

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

You bought the thing from eBay, so it's eBay's problem/responsibility.
    It's on you to tell ebay the item has gone awol, it's then on eBay to either chase after the courier they contracted to deliver the item or to compensate you accordingly [either through a refund or sending out another whatever it was].

TL-DR: myHermes won't deal with you as you weren't the one who contracted/paid for the service, eBay/the eBay seller was.

EDIT: @Gareth Halfacree beat me to it...

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

All this may well be true but it does not detract from the fact that MyHermes customer service is appalling, they have the tracking number so surely it would not have taken much time to do a quick check but seemingly it is even though their website states " You can also use our tracking service to follow your parcel at every step of the journey," turns out that is not true. It is not the first time I have fallen foul of their customer service such as it is.

6. RedFlames

That's the thing though, it's not your parcel. It's eBay's. It's not yours until myHermes deliver it to you.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Lo and behold, after a moan on Facebook and a crap review on Trust Pilot and miraculously Hermes was able to investigate the matter after all and have found the item and it will be delivered today.

Arboreal likes this.
  8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Discovering my PC won't boot from my new (and free!) 280GB Optane drive, because Z87 chipset :duh:

Oh, well. I guess it's the first component in the new rig I'm planning for next year.

9. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Last week I was told I had Pancreatitis following a test I had back in July which my GP didn't bother to tell me the results of. I was prescribed medication to treat it by the consultant and thought no more about it thinking it can't be that serious if my GP hadn't tried to tell me at the time of the test.

Today I received a letter telling me to phone the CT Scan Unit to book an appointment for an abdominal and pelvic scan. While I was on the phone I also received a call on the landline apparently from someone else in the Unit trying to contact me to book the appointment and they persisted in repeat phone calls for the 20 minutes I was on my mobile to the other person in the unit trying to book the appointment. They also tried a couple of times to phone my mobile while I was engaged and apparently they also tried to contact me yesterday although didn't leave a message.

The last time I booked a CT Scan it was about 3 months ahead, this time they've booked me in for tomorrow evening. Panicking a bit now.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You'll be fine. Won't bother to tell you not to worry as I know what it is like. Let's hope you do not have a pure ar*****e of a consultant who thought keeping me waiting 7 weeks for the results was okay as they were negative. Did not even cross his mind that I might be a tad anxious have had cancer in the past. You sound as though you have a consultant that actually gives a dam so best wishes for tomorrow.

11. RedFlames

I'd offer a mobo swap [z87 for z97] only i don;t think the one i have will fit in your case.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

At least you didn't have to get "priority booking" by arriving in an ambulance, like I did when I keeled over with acute Pancreatitis.

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Got a text message this morning from a PPI company i'm using to chase up a 10 year old credit card saying "Good news! We have a response from your lender. You will receive an update through the post in the next couple of days detailing the next steps".

I don't want to get prematurely excited, but I can only assume that I have an offer of a refund incoming. Could be just a couple of hundred, could be enough for a new PC, either way it's a bonus as I wrote it off as a lost cause years ago as I have absolutely ZERO paperwork or details from that account!

EDIT:

Meant to post this in the other life thread, obviously...

Last edited: 2 Nov 2017
  14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

One of my closest friends has been arrested and put in reprimand. He's 20, she was 12/13. One of the nicest lads you'll ever meet, known him for nearly a decade and it turns out he's a monster. :sigh::waah::sad:

15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

That situation absolutely sucks. I imagine it's difficult to reconcile the person you know with the predator he was hiding inside. Still, you have to wonder what went so wrong for him that he ended up that way. Although I might know your Reddit account now. Or at least someone else who knows this fella too.

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Although I'm on reddit with a completely different name a lot I haven't posted it on there but my other friend in our friend triangle (is that even a thing) posts on there a lot. You mind sending me the username? Let me guess It's got queen or Tez in it

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

South Park was full on glitching, causing diver crashes and all sorts. Tried loads of stuff, took all my oc's off, flashed bios back to stock on gpu, went back to earlier drivers. Problems just got worse and worse. Thought f it and pulled the plug and battery, reset the bloody lot. Won't even boot now. Motherboard showing errors for ide/sata, allegedly.

But as luck would have it I received my new Cpu and motherboard today. I just won't be able to afford the ram till after Christmas :wallbash:.

Going try tty a bit of a teardown and cleanup tomorrow. See if some more swearing can persuade it to work.

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That's a tough position to be in tbh.

19. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

This happened to my partners friend at work yesterday too, she helps with the homeless and met this guy the day before was lovely as cherry pie apparently.

Day later the police were kicking down the door to the hostel and arresting him. He was 20 and she was 12 too, makes you wonder how their minds work.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I found out about mid-day that I need to do about 3 to 4 days worth of work by 0830 Monday; failure is not an option. But "don't feel like the pressure is all on you, use whoever or whatever you need so we can make sure it's done". Except it isn't really the sort of thing that I can dole out to other people on the team, it's not really the sort of work that can be divvied up.

I'm on call this week so I was already going to have to log on tomorrow for a few hours to babysit a couple of business-critical jobs. But now I'm going to be working for basically as long as takes to get this work done. Possibly Sunday too.

It's been a fun week.