1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Forum usability questions (Please go here first!)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Can we please please have automatic "mark as read" instead of the silly little pop up? Or at least as an option? It's so fidgety as it is, even more so on mobile devices where you need to go through 3 clicks (taps?) to make forum as read. Talk about usability nightmare. Pretty please @MLyons?

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What mark as read button are you talking about? there are a few on the forums.

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I’m talking about on the menu with the watched forums, new posts, etc. I’ll take a screenshot in the morning and upload as currently my home button is broken on my phone.

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've put some screenshots on imgurrrrrr.
    It's the "mark as read" on the top corner, which gives the popup.
    An option to skip the popup and just mark the current whatever is being viewed as read would be awesomesauce.

Especially on the mobile version, as the mark as read sits behind a "..." button (which I can't screenshot because all you'd see is the AssistiveTouch menu).

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Are you on iPhone? If so screenshots take away that menu. I've had a broken home button for close to 2 years. Currently having some issues at the office but once resolved I'll look into this.

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've added the screenshots into the same album linked in my previous post.
    Here it is again :)

7. MLyons

Thanks. It doesn't seem like something we would do as it can ruin the browsing experience if done accidentally. I'll ask and see what the others think.