1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 22 Aug 2017.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Any Bit-Techers pick up an XBOX ONE X PROJECT SCORPIO EDITION...

[​IMG]

Managed to pre-order one through the Microsoft Store a couple of days ago, then realised I could use Microsoft/XBOX credit against the purchase! Cancelled the pre-order and stocked up on discounted £5 XBOX Credit then placed my pre-order again. With discounts and cashback it scored me the console for a cool £360 in real money which I'm pretty damned happy about!

Really looking forward to Shadow of War in 4K! Should hold me in good stead for Red Dead Redemption 2 as well!

Hex and samkiller42 like this.
  2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I would, if I needed one. I don't have a 4K display in the house and I have other things to buy before I think of a console. I already spent more than enough on my PC (RIP) that I really shouldn't have...

It does look sleek, though! I wish I could afford one. :D

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

£360's not bad, nice one! I'm waiting for the first price drop, then I'll decide. I've been putting money aside for either PC upgrades or this. This is cheaper than the upgrades though so might be the direction I go first! That or I take advantage of the price drop for the Xbox One S they announced. Anything to keep me in game testing a bit longer :D

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I really considered this console as part of my sons xmas presents. Then realised I do not have a 4K tv for it

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Want one but cannot afford one at the moment, but I when I can I will be grabbing one because I do play on the Xbox One a fair bit.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm considering one for the bump in 1080p refresh rate and loading speeds etc... (with an upgrade to a 4K screen further down the road).
    Just can't decide if get one now or wait and get the PC case and graphics card I've been looking at instead.

Hex likes this.
  7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I caved... ordered one from Argos.com last night.

Hex likes this.
  8. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

I got the last preorder from my local game on tusday

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I would, for the extra grunt, but I don't use my pauper Xbox One Elite often enough to really want to spend 450 on a new one.

Maybe when they're on ebay for a couple of hundred.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Microsoft royaly screwed up my original pre-order! Fortunately it presented an opportunity for me to stack more cheap MS credit. So I managed to get the console for a whisker under £280 all told. I was just lucky enough to notice the Scorpio Edition could be bought again yesterday independent of any pre-order! Went for express shipping and it hit my doormat today.

I've tried Gears of War 4 on the eye candy setting and finding it very pretty. What surprised me the most is how quiet the XBOX was under load. In comparison my PS4 PRO roars with the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn in play. Also noticed the XBOX fan continues spinning for a couple of minutes after shut down to dissipate heat.

11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

12. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

What's the difference between the Scorpio edition and the normal(?) edition?

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Different exterior shell for the console and the controller plus the external packaging gives a nod to the original XBOX. Also get a vertical stand bundled in with the console that's not included with the standard XBOX ONE X.

14. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

ta!

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Mine arrived on Tuesday. Just need to set the old one up downstairs now.

16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Bought my original XBOX ONE S on a whim and hadn't really played any games on it, just the odd 4K Blu-Ray. Thankful really, as now I can experience classics like Gear of War 4 and Halo 5 for the first time. Decent exposé by Digital Foundry below...

Time to pickup an el cheapo Halo 5 key!

17. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Just read in the future games will just be developed for the Xbox one x.
    Xbox One X: Microsoft chief hints future games could run exclusively on 4K console - The Telegraph
    https://apple.news/AOnsc-lM-QrirlhUJmjv4tQ

18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Makes sense. That said there would need to be significant sales of the X to justify a triple A exclusive game.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that's a stupid thing to say on release week.

I'm sure he's trying to drive sales of the X model, but he runs the risk of tanking sales on both, who wants the Xbone if Microsoft are about to drop support and who wants to spend £450 on a OneX with a 3.5 year expected lifespan? He should have kept that quiet for a year or so.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

All Xbone "exclusives" are available on PC as well, so provided they sell it in a proper store again like with Quantum Break which is sold on steam unlike the Forza games that are held hostage in the Windows store where no sane individual dares to venture it doesn't matter how big or small the Xbone X install base is.