1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

In that case that is a bit naughty of them.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had @E1TSY Banging on my door at 10:30 thinking I had been in an accident because I wasn't in work. The reason being my phone didn't charge overnight so I had no alarm.:duh: I think the port on the phone is dodgy.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Following on from a right a*se of a clod, for the last two days, my right sinus feels like its going to explode. If i try and blow it, i (eventually, it takes a few strong blows to get anything) get a tissue covered with pink snot. Not snot laced with bloody bits, but genuine pink snot, like its been given a good mix post blood mixing with it :S

Too much info? :lol:

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Get yourself clouted on the other side so at least you feel symmetrical.

MLyons likes this.
  5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Mrs. has had a lot of problems with her hand, suspected it might be Repetitive strain injury. She had a hospital appointment and the doctor said it might be Carpal Tunnel with possible early arthritis.

Had a doctors appointment, and he reckons that she could have an underactive Thyroid. It could explain her weight gain, depression and muscle problems, as she should not have Carpal Tunnel at the age of 28, even if she has hypermobility.

So she's been signed off for a week, possibly more after her tests next week. I'm having to do more because she's not really allowed to drive or do much with her hands in general. It's stressful.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have hypothyroidism thanks to radiation treatment, easy enough to keep under control with Levothyroxine though as you say the weight gain is a nuisance and worse still is you are feel the cold more. But you would be amazed how big a part in keeping many other functions within the body running smoothly even though it is a tiny bit of the whole.
    Good info here. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/underactive-thyroid-hypothyrodism/treatment/

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I had a good read of that same page earlier, seems like most of her problems in general could stem from it. She does have a trouble with tiredness, depression, weight gain, muscle pain, muscle weakness. Hopefully we can get it sorted, she's been a bit miserable recently.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Two things.

1. My C U Next Tuesday of a landlady wants £60 more PM in rent.
    2. I am stupid. Yes, you heard it here first. Today I stripped a pedal cage from a bike with a wire brush attachment. It all went well. I guess I went through oo? about six heads? At the end I was covered in tiny pieces of wire. Which of course as soon as I moved became embedded in my clothing and skin.
    Very painful :(

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Still no central heating... very much ruining my life right now.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

****ing insurance. Had to hang up on an agent earlier today before I really lost my temper. As soon as I started saying how frustrating the whole process is, she instantly got on the defensive and started trying to turn it around on me.

There are ways to deal with frustrated customers. Cutting people off, talking over them, interrupting them, and being accusatory isn't a good way to deal with a good way to deal with a frustrated customer. Let them rant and get **** off their chest, then tell them what you're going to do about it.

At this rate it's going to be another month or two - at the earliest - before I get back on the ****ing road. But the thing that pisses me off the most is the utter lack of ****s given by insurance company. I have to phone them for updates because no one contacts me; people have blatantly lied about how long various stages of the claim should take (this has been admitted to me); every time I call them for a quick update I have to wait ~15-20 minutes on hold before I can get anything approaching a sensible answer; and apparently having a claim open for ~26 days is "quite good, and not something that warrants a complaint".

My problem is that I hold everyone to the same standards that I was trained for. I've been there, I've done that ****, I've taken calls from shouting, screaming, ranting customers. It sucks, it really does. But at the end of the day you are a representative of your employer, every interaction you have with a customer has a direct impact on that company's bottom line. It's a shitty ****ing job, but that doesn't mean you have to be a **** to customers because you've had a bad ****ing day.

EDIT: Whoa, Sweary McSwearface over here...

PS: Swear filters aren't quite there yet :grin:

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wait what did the filter miss?

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Third paragraph, second sentence... :D

Byron C likes this.
  14. MLyons

Hmm I’m personally fine with that. @Zak33 thoughts? I’ll ask Monday in the office to see what we think

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Seems weird to me to censor effing but not effs, but it's your forum, your rules :D

Byron C likes this.
  16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

All I can suggest is to bite your tongue for now, and write it all down in a registered letter to both the CEO of the insurance company AND the Financial Ombudsman, explaining fully and in explicit detail, exactly what bullsh*t you've experienced from named personnel, and exactly he/she can do when renewal time comes around.

DO NOT SEND THIS until your claim is finally settled.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Cheers man.

There won't be a renewal; once they pay out on a full loss claim they will effectively cancel my policy and I will have to pay up any remaining premiums. I won't be going with MCE Insurance again :).

IanW likes this.
  18. MLyons

I didn’t decide on them and I’m not getting into this topic again. I suppose one can be used in another context? Honestly no idea.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

TBF it could just be a wrong regex string in the filter.

20. MLyons

No regex all words are done manually apart from a few specific ones that you can twist was most likely just an oversight when we did them. You can’t get everything and. As long as the main ones are censored I don’t think it really matters. Anyway on topic my family doggo is being put down today :miffed: :waah: FeelsBadMan