1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sick of wasting a sheet of A4 every time I need to post something, so...

[​IMG]

Dymo LabelWriter 450
    USB label printer, down to £38.99 on Amazon. Not the cheapest it's been - it was £34.99 last year - but cheap enough, comes with three assorted label packs, is compatible with third-party labels (I've also got a pack of five 54x101mm labels rolls on order, which is the size used by most postage companies, for £10.50), and most vitally has Linux drivers so I can actually use the piggin' thing.

Yes, my office is going to have ALL THINGS LABELLED by the time the week is out...

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

LABELS!

It arrived earlier. Pretty painless to set up, and while the 11355 (small and thin) labels seem to crop off at the edge using gLabel's default template the 11354 (bigger and taller) labels print perfectly with a custom template I've set up. Well chuffed!

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Just ordered one. I've been using a Dymo LetraTag for a few years and have got a lot of use out of it and also been impressed with Dymo's support on one that developed a fault after a couple of years when they replaced it without hassle.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

This right here for course work, works just as good as valium however has no side effects!

[​IMG]

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Did you pay with your left or right leg?

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Goodbye old and pretty good knife sharpener.......
    [​IMG]

And hello all singing all dancing all sharpening replacement.
    [​IMG]

8. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Thats an odd looking sex toy. Good on you for being open about it mate.

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Mater asked me for a digital radio for Xmas. Painter guy had one with him when he was working there and he had a station on she really liked. Chill? something like that I think?

Any way I was going to get her a Roberts. I bought her one in 1993 and she still has it and it is still going strong (not digital though and has a tape ffs).

[​IMG]

Overkill, but they retail for £139. They are on BF for £99 but there was one in the Warehouse "Like new" for £85. They are knocking 20% off all Warehouse and it cost me £64.something. Plus it has a CD player so she can listen to all of the CDs I give her (I buy, rip, then take over there if they are appropriate).

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Just arrived, Christmas present for the girlfriend:
    [​IMG]

Plus several "Enid Blyton for Adults" and "Ladybirds for Adults". Again, presents.

Westworld Season 1 on BluRay.

And, as usual, I ordered more books.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Heinne's got a sale on, so...

[​IMG]

Boker Plus Tech Tool 2 Outdoor
    . I already have the Heinne edition of the Tech Tool (with red scales), and it's my daily carry - so I figured a version with a few more features will be handy when I don't mind the extra bulk. Not that I've ever needed a corkscrew while I'm out and about, but you never do know!

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've got a Tech Tool 3, the scissors aren't great for fingernaills and that's all I use them for so they're not really worth the extra bulk. If I was buying again I'd have gone for the 2.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Not really a purchase, but moved the cash out of my ISA and stuck it all into Ripple. Because YOLO.

...And because Amex just got involved with it

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Hahahaha, hero!

I've just yesterday dumped most of my ETH and BTC and BCH, with the intention of going back in when in three weeks one/all of them drop ~40%.

I talk as if it's all part of a plan, but really I'm stabbing in the dark and have just been lucky so far :lol:

16. Gareth Halfacree

Every time I've tried to time the markets, without fail, I've lost. Now I just hold (sorry, 'hodl') and buy the dip.

I've also stuck a couple of ton on Ripple this morning, so if the bottom falls out of that I'm blaming @Mankz.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

It's a repeating cycle me with these THX speakers must be the fourth time i've bought THX certified speakers because their so amazing.

[​IMG]

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

^Makes me miss my Z-5500's all over again! :waah:

Finally made a black Friday purchase!

[​IMG]

£69.99 via Amazon.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Elgato Stream Deck, £97.99 at Currys (Once I applied the 30% discount code)

[​IMG]

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

This little badger! All the gadgets and gizmo's I needed and wanted, with the benefits of low monthly payments, £0 road tax and 60MPG average. Plus, it's a hoot to drive, DualJet engine struggles on the motorway if you try and get greedy, but 1st through to 3rd are more than enough to zip about around Cambridge... and unlike that god awful Renault Captur I had been using the past 2 weeks, there is ZERO roll or front end wash when cornering, it's proper eager to chucked about.

[​IMG]

And now I don't have the biggest car in the family, it won't be me that's expected to move everyone's furniture/wardrobe/crap around :D

Behemoth and ElThomsono like this.