1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Another Excel plea for help.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kronos, 29 Nov 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have created a small monthly table for my partner to record daily oxygen saturation levels and pulse. It only occupies the first three columns, Date, oxygen level and pulse and I would just like to save that bit of the sheet, essentially Columns A,B,C and rows down to 34 rather than a whole sheet, A-Z and beyond and many many rows, this possible?

Please keep things simple but detailed as I find Excel frustrating at best and a bloody annoyance at worst.

Cheers.

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

You can't save part of a sheet, but you could hide all of the columns and rows that you aren't using.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That would do, how do I do that?
    Tried to create this simple but neat table in word with even less success.

4. veato

veato I should be working

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

If you want to hide all columns past column C, do the following:

• Click on "D" (i.e. the heading for column D) - this should select the entirety of column D.
    • Hold down Ctrl and Shift, then press the right arrow - this should select the whole of all columns from D to whatever the last column in your sheet is (Column XFD in my version of Excel, yours may vary depending on the version).
    • With the columns selected, right-click on the heading for the last column, and select "Hide".

You can do the same for rows past row 34, but replacing "columns" with "rows" and "right arrow" with "down arrow" :D

GeorgeK likes this.
  6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

It certainly would, I have created something similar, except I have yet to figure out how to put all the months dates in without doing so individually. I know how to do it in Excel but not a word table.

Here is my effort
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1309KPNgc4l539Ypy37VAUi7rrrOIx0zU

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

What I'd probably do from the start is create the table in Excel and then copy-paste it into word.

Alternatively you could just create an appropriate column of dates in excel and copy-paste them into your existing table in word.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Both look very interesting and I am away to try them as i have just put in a months dates manually and that is quite tedious. Thanks.

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

100% this

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Perfect though I have managed to create something with Word. But I will also play with as it is far easier to add a months worth of dates. Thanks.

11. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Excel version
    In addition to hiding unused columns and rows I have:
    • Sized the columns and rows to print to a single A4 sheet.
    • Hidden the Heading and Formula bar, these can be turned back on from under the View Tab, Show, Heading and Formula Bar.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Lovely but I would still need to add the days individually. But thanks for going to the trouble, much appreciated.
    This is my effort. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBBi4Lvxmcoer_-mj_aZf7EKkLbKI5JU/view?usp=sharing