1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Knights of the Old Republic (Android native) on my GPD XD. Damn fine implementation and the controls work really well.

[​IMG]

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Titan Quest (Anniversary edition) bought the new Ragnarock dlc, so I'm working my way through the old stuff first.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am replaying Ghost Recon: Wildlands and I really do not know why. As I pretty much got a 100% on the first playthough and apart from doing more side quests apart from trying to fly the plane and defend the radio it is a pretty boring game as you do one area move on to the next rinse and repeat.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

I forgot how short this game is, I've already done half of the planets. Admitted I've yet to do the longer more involved ones (Manaan and Korriban), but I'm finding it a lot shorter than I remember. Combat seems to be a right bugger though.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Age of Wonders III, thanks to a healthy discount on Steam:thumb:

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Mad Max
    How can the driving in a game based on an IP that is built around cars/driving be such a god awful mess? Its horrific!

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I actually did not find it too bad except for the race where you have to chase and kill a boss. I think I only managed that once, the first time I got so frustrated I asked for a save game just past that point on the Steam forums.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2017
  8. MadGinga

Did you play with a gamepad, or keyboard and mouse?

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

KB and mouse mate.

10. MadGinga

Thought that'd be the case, but had to check!
    I think what annoys me is the steering is relative to camera angle, so you have to steer and move the camera simultaneously.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Wolfenstein II

Really enjoying this so far. Pretty harsh cut scenes! Wish Mein Leiben difficulty was unlocked from the get go though and believe it or not, I think introducing the ability to save at will was a mistake. Mind you, I've always thought FPSs should only allow autosaves.

12. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I'm still playing The Division, in fact, more now than when it was released. I've bored of BF games - there's just something about TD that just ticks all the boxes for me. I'm only playing the PvE part and trying to work my way through the commendations. Looking forward to the new patch - hopefully tomorrow!

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Call of Juarez
    Such fond memories of this game so thought I'd go back and play it again as I have it on steam now.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mafia 3: It's a supermarket sandwich. Staple, daily meal. Open world fodder that lacks any true satisfaction, but I keep going because I generally enjoy it, I want to unlock the better guns and see the rest, and just want to finish it.

Portal 2 with my 4 y.o son. He's kind of enjoying it, but it's a bit much for him. Tomb Raider was better.

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Mafia III got off to a great start for me on account of the story being amazing. Some of the best story writing I had ever seen in a game tbh. Then I just got tired of the repetitive grind about 10 hours in and stopped playing.

Yeah that is pretty much how I felt for about four hours. Then I realised the cut scenes are longer than the actual gameplay, which is incredibly fishy and you would think they lifted it straight from Doom, only with far less of it.

Shame.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The story is good. I don't watch all the cutscenes, like the CIA ones, but it's pretty good. Feels real. The grind though, holy **** there's only 4 things to do: interrogate someone, kill someone, blow up something, steal and drive something. Once I got the first silenced machine gun I've become a black Sam Fisher mowing down whole bases of bad guys without anyone noticing. Local police DGAF. Drive as fast as you like, hit anything, no trouble. If you farted and they were downwind in Mafia 1 you'd be in cuffs.

17. Vault-Tec

Yeah it is a bit repetitive. Shame really as everything about it was spot on. I even thought the graphics were really nice. Mafia 2 had a fantastic story as well. Still hey, I got about ten hours of out of which is a miracle for any modern game.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Call of duty: Ghosts.
    I must have played this before as i had 17 out of the 18 collectables but I cannot remember the game at all. But i am struck by how naff these games are, you are led by the hand almost from one firefight to the next. Graphically these games are great but single player gameplay really sucks.

19. Vault-Tec

That is my all time fave COD game. I liked MW2 for the shock factor, but four hours? come on.

I got stuck in South Park TFBW. Some sixth graders were blocking my path, and like a prat I forgot that you can go down an alleyway so I wandered around for about an hour, threw a strop and stopped playing it.

Last night I realised what I had done and after feeling immensely stupid I ploughed on. Managed to defeat the two fathers quite easily this time, having lost to them about five times before. Maybe because I learned a new fart stomp move that works incredibly well. Just beaten Mysterion and Tweak etc, so once I have had me dinner I will go back for more laughs.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Xenonauts. Damn this game is hard :grin:.