1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Robot Wars S9

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunsmith, 6 Mar 2017.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Also, whilst I am here..

Magneto's driver was an IDIOT. If only he had stayed away FFS. He had it in the bag !!!!

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Really enjoyed most of the final episode of the season.

The 10 way melee went way better than I imagined it would, I was worried it'd be very dull with little happening but all the drivers got right in with the action. Some pretty clever tactics.

Very happy with the overall winner of the series, it was a well deserved win.

Well proud of Nuts, what started as a joke entry to the competition caused so much shock to team Carbide when they took out the weapon... they looked furious after that fight.
    Just shows that nothing is unbeatable with the right weapon to counter.

I laughed so much when their cluster bot hit that the button and triggered the pit on Behemoth, such perfect timing.

I agree that Magnetar could have been the winner if he held back and didn't keep pushing, but that's a large part of the entertainment. Nobody really wants to see a robot sitting there doing nothing while the other is struggling to work.
    Would have loved to see Carbide and Magnetar's weapons collide just once.

The battle between Eruption and Behemoth was one of the series highlights for me, that was one hell of a grudge match.

Another really good grudge match for the finale as well, Eruption took some major hits from Carbide early in the match. I'm amazed their flipper was functioning after so much damage. Some excellent driving to not get nipped at the back end and to turn the whole fight around for the second half and make Carbide run away shows some real skill.
    Though I do feel that Carbide never fully recovered from the assault on their weapon by Nuts.

I can't wait for the next series to come along, hopefully we'll see some even more deadly robots.
    Excited to see what team Carbide are going to bring to the table next time... maybe something with a spinner on both sides?

3. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Nutz's design though was pretty much hit the opponent where other opponents weren't likely to, so it met those design specs exactly. Carbide should've had their chain covered all along though, sloppy design there.

I disagree with Magnetar - both robots had similar levels of "damage", magnetars spinner wasn't working and Behemoth couldn't move properly... but he wasn't immobilized. Magnetar had to be aggressive to show they were still in the fight or it would go to judges which could go either way.

Eruption knew how to drive, knew how to trick the opponent into thinking its weapon wasn't working, knew to be patient and save CO2, and knew where Spinners could hit it without impairing the robot. I'd bet he reinforced the side carbide was most likely to hit too. That side took so much more hits, but the other side looked worse off. Worthy winner, though wish he had a better personality... maybe with a win he'll be a bit friendlier to the other teams?

4. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I wouldn't call them freak shots. If you look at the rematch between Carbide and Nuts he hit the plate that they put in front of the chain twice before getting clobbered. Would have had exactly the same outcome otherwise.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Very good episode, the melee was brilliant something I would like to see more of. Ill agree the best bot one.

Proves spinners are not king as well, Eruption took a pounding

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Finally got around to watching this tonight

Watching captain moneybags machine spectacularly catch fire was awesome. Overall an excellent episode.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

He seemed very pleased with the way he went out of the competition as well... if you're going to go, going out in flames is the way to do it.
    Was he the guy who said he'd hire anyone who could beat his robot?

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Yeah that was him, last year he was bragging is machine cost iirc 30 grand to make.

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Havent seen any of the new robot wars but I immediately hate the guy and what whatever he made to die spectacularly... Preferably to something made with parts from a scrap bin for no money.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Oh god you need to watch the final then, his robots death was the best death in any robot wars series imo

audience pov of the fight was the only thing I could find

Last edited: 4 Dec 2017
    Vault-Tec likes this.
  11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The demise of Rapid actually improved my opinion of the guy who's company it is. It was his money, his team and when it got smashed and blown up he declared that it was awesome.

Some of the teams this year have struck me as quite diva-ish, it was cool to see the guy with the most invested not take himself too seriously. Also, since the Carbide guys already make bits of planes he doesn't have to offer them a job.

Team Nuts were glorious underdogs, the way they took out Behemoth was comedy gold.

At the end the Carbide guys knew they'd been beaten.
    Eruption kept the front facing Carbide, outlasted the spinning blad and then spent two minutes beating Carbide around the arena. With Eruption being such a simple machine it was all about the kid's driving too, plus knowing to keep the flipper closed until he was sure the spinner wasn't going to destroy his robot the moment it opened up.

Carbide have been in all three series finals, I dread to think what they've got planned for the alluded to new machine.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Eruptions driver was an excellent tactician. He deserved the win but I still kinda wanted carbide to take it. Still they were good sports about it