1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries single-player, co-op campaign detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 11 Dec 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Man, I loved MW4 Mercenaries back in the day: got pretty good at it online. I also managed to get that weird congratulatory message that said something like 'You're almost as good as me' when I headshotted three enemies in a row during the single player campaign.

Look forward to monoboating LCX/Ultra AC20s, ER PPCs, ER Large Lasers and Gauss Cannons once again...

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Pirahna can take their time with this, the gameplay of Mechwarrior online is very near exactly how I think a Mechwarrior game shold play, but I've enever been able to stomach the colossal amount of grind and expense of playing it.

When this comes out I will quite happily hand them a load of money o have a whole game to play. My only real worry about it is that they will load it up with micro-transactions being a Free 2 Play developer and all.

Assuming Pirahna allow that, I look forward to multi Guass Rifle knock everything over like a ninety ton Weeble builds making a glorious return. Of course my dream would be a return of the eight Gauss Rifle 'Delete Wolf' build all the way back from the days of Netmech for Mechwarrior 2, because scoring the impossible hit through the lag and evaporating other players failed to ever get old.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Place yer bets on how quickly someone gets it to work with... you know what...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have one of those to my right at this very moment. It's the second production run, though, with the blue buttons, not the original green-button version pictured.

6. impar

impar Minimodder

7. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

MW5:

MWO:Solaris7:

9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've got a green-switch version still boxed up, ready to mod for USB support to use with all the VR mech simulator games that haven't released yet what is going on this is an obvious one. Roll on MW5 and Vox Machinae.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nice! You don't even need to mod it: the original Xbox used standard USB ports but with a weird connector. A simple converter cable that takes an Xbox USB connector and has a USB A on the other end works perfectly.

Tags: Add Tags