1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

As it turns out Coinbase messing up saved me some cash lol :p

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Nice sea of green today and BTC back up over $17k:thumb:

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Oh yes! I'm finally up some dollar. :D

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Litecoin going mad right now - up to almost £175! Really annoyed Coinbase refused to acknowledge my ID while it was still at ~£70, but suppose it doesn't really matter that I bought mine for £96 when I plan on sitting on it for a while.

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Guest-23315 and MLyons like this.
  7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Now at £291... Crypo experts, how long do I ride the wave?? I assume a correction is incoming - but at £300? £500? £1000?!!

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

To paraphrase Richard Feynman, ""If you think you understand crypto currencies, you don't understand crypto currencies"

Anfield and MLyons like this.
  9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Wow, looks like I actually hit it right on the button... for the first time in my life. Bought at £98 (should have been £72!), sold at £288. Price seems to have levelled out at £270-280, waiting for a correction before diving in again.

Eth and Bit making progress, too!

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Looking at everyone making crypto gains like...

[​IMG]

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nicely done! I got in at £76, but given my past history with the markets I'm just holding. I'll revisit it some time in early 2018, see how it's doing then.

I did the same thing with Monero, buying two for £5 each and ignoring 'em. I think they're worth £200 a throw now...

(I also did the same with Ethereum, then sold 'em at £10 each because I was worried about an upcoming hardfork. Whoopsie!)

Last edited: 12 Dec 2017
  12. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I made $250 this morning flipping BTC and looking for another $200 this afternoon. :D

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

14. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I bought a measly £10 (~0.25) of litecoin back in July, it's now worth over £60!

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Coinbase, Kraken and Bitfinex all struggling from load today.
    Bitfinex claiming on twitter that they are a victim of a DDOS.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Well, today marks a milestone: for the first time since splitting my holdings evenly between Bitcoin and Ripple (at which point Bitcoin shot up and Ripple sank, as is tradition,) my Ripple holdings are worth more than my Bitcoin holdings. Huzzah!

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What made you pick ripple?

18. Gareth Halfacree

Handful of things. Ripple itself is basically company scrip, in that Ripple-the-company is in full control and there's no mining (deflation is achieved instead through the destruction of coin every time a transaction is made), but the underlying technology is pretty neat: unlike Bitcoin's four-transactions-per-second, which will improve marginally when more people adopt Segwit and could improve dramatically when the Lightning Network launches, Ripple can scale to thousands upon thousands of transactions per second, with incredibly low transaction fees and clearance in minutes rather than hours.

That leads me into reason the second: Ripple's tech is so tempting that American Express has started using it for cross-border transactions, with Ripple-the-company hinting that AmEx might start using Ripple-the-coin in the near future. It's not alone, either: India's biggest bank has also adopted Ripple-the-tech.

Reason the third: Mike Arrington, the money behind TechCrunch, has launched a venture capital fund which is valued entirely in Ripple-the-coin.

The main reason, though: Mankz is in Ripple for way more than I am, so if it all goes mammaries-skyward I get the dual wicked pleasures of knowing he lost more than I did and being able to blame him for my misfortune!

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

XRP 4 LYFE FAM.

I forgot I still had some ETH in GDAX which went flipping mental yesterday.

20. Gareth Halfacree

I used to have two Ether on a paper wallet, then sold 'em at about £11 each 'cos I was worried about an upcoming hardfork tanking the price.

Not my finest moment, that.