1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experts?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Risky, 8 Dec 2017.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

One single quote will do. Show me where I defended the current system.

No, you are name calling because your arguments do not stand up to challenge and you don't want to accept that.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

And you're expecting the people to suddenly have something to say if you broke them into smaller groups.

Nobody is going to ask you or the people it's you're responsibility as a citizen to be aware of these things not the other way around, just like you don't care about these things because you believe "the system" is at fault others simply don't care or have the time to care.

Ignorantia juris non excusat and moaning about it after the fact only highlights what the problem is, it's not "the system" it's the peoples lack of awareness or concern of the changes being made to "the system".

And who controls the parties?

You're instance that what happens in society is being done to people instead of taking responsibility is one of the major causes of the disenfranchisement you so detest, you're basically saying "i" can't change "the system" so "i" won't bother.

What utter tosh, you're simply playing into a cause and effect cycle.

You believe the electorate is unable to enact change so you disengage from "the system" leading to greater feelings of helplessness, leading to further disengagement, leading to more feeling of helplessness, and so on and so forth.

The power is and always has been with the electorate it's just they choose not to exercise that power, for many different reasons, and just like you when that abdication of responsibility turns round and bites them in the arse they seek to blame the very same system they abdicated responsibility over.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

What facts and truth? Like it or not we've never had access to more "facts" and "truths" than we do today, you've heard of the Internet i assume?

The parties may or may not be controlled by the donors but you simply stating that to be true doesn't make it so, what evidence do you have that they are and even if they are it's still the electorate who either vote for them or doesn't.

It was the electorate who bought into the tripe being spewed out from the likes of Arron Banks and Trump, they didn't question what they were being told, they didn't pay due diligence, they listened to the used car salesman instead of kicking the wheels for themselves.

And you're expecting these very same people to suddenly take their responsibility seriously by simply breaking them apart into smaller and smaller groups, something that would make due diligence harder as instead of having million of people checking and questioning what an "elite" is telling people there'd only be a few thousand.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2017
  4. Nexxo

Why don't you show me one single quote in which I defended the current system?

I am aware of all the facts of Brexit. Why can't the rest of the public?

EDIT: ^^^ What Corky42 says. All the information is out there, accessible via Google, via the smartphone in everyone's pocket. People just choose not to find out.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

No one can be aware of all the facts of Brexit since the UK government hasn't actually decided on its vision for brexit yet...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42255840

In other words, the facts haven't even been established yet, so awareness of them is impossible beyond the fact its a huge mess.

6. Nexxo

I have been aware from the start that it was going to be a huge, complicated *********** which would bring no benefit to the UK and certainly wasn't going to deliver the anti-globalist, power-to-the-people unicorns that the electorate fooled itself into voting for.

Nothing that has happened so far in Brexit has been a surprise to me --nor to many others here. So if we could see it coming, why couldn't other people? The information and the facts were always there, and publicly accessible. Hell, anyone can whip out their smartphone and access it, wherever they are, at any moment.

So I'm not accepting the assertion that the public is not given the facts and truths. They are there for everyone to see --if they want to see them.

7. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

This.

And the reason they didn't kick the wheels is because of confirmation bias (and lots of it). Certain politicians starting vocalising the same ill-informed opinions that a portion of the public held - it was foreigners wot dun it, and it was all much better in the dark ages - and said public gratefully latched on to it as a justification for all the world's failings.

8. Nexxo

"There's no bias like confirmation bias!" --old psychology joke.