1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

About 12" of snow:brrr: the drive to work is gonna be a blast tommoz.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Currently making my life awesome: pre-entry climate control.

I almost felt bad jumping into a toasty warm car and driving past Laura as she scraped hers.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What is this wizardry?

5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It's a plug-in hybrid, so it has an electric heater and air-con compressor. I just turn it on from the app on my phone and the system runs whatever it needs for the temperature outside; this morning it was heated seats, warm air blown through the cabin and over the screen, demister and heated mirrors. It takes electricity off the grid to do it, but will run off that battery instead.

Conversely, in the middle of summer I can leave work and not have to jump into a sauna to drive home.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Jesus. What the hell did Virgin Media do recently?

My download speeds have gone from a weekly average of ~70Mbp/s to ~181Mbp/s... I was all ready to get on the phone to them today and start ranting.

[​IMG]

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just had a call to confirm that a finance contract for a new motorcycle has been agreed, even though the previous one hasn't been settled yet.

I've had enough of this now: this damn claim has been dragging on for 7 weeks, and not having my own transport is getting more and more stressful and frustrating. It's getting to the point where it's going to start affecting my job because right now I can't guarantee that I can do the shifts that I am contracted to do. I'm still on probation, so that isn't exactly a great reflection on me.

Even though this means I might end up making two finance payments and two insurance payments for a month or so (until the insurance claim is settled and I can pay off the existing finance agreement), I cannot stand it any more. So I went down to my local dealer this afternoon and dropped a deposit on a brand-new model. Application accepted and I can pick it up Saturday - I could pick it up earlier in the week if I could get there in time... The best part is that I'm going to be paying less for a brand-new bike than I was for a pre-registered bike of exactly the same model.

After having relied on public transport or other people for 17 years, it was absolutely gutting to have my only means of transport taken away. I can't wait to be back on the road.

Let's just not talk about what my insurance is going to cost now...

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Date stamped 4/82. Older than some of the users here...

9. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Here we are, boys, winter is coming.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Pah. That's still a good temperature to ski in. :)

11. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

That. When my wife and I separated I bought myself loads of stuff from the American importer. One of which was some Jolly Rancher sour apple singles. Gorgeous, just lovely. Any way, I then went mad and bought about 7 boxes of all different kinds. Those there were among them but the first ones I tried were some Welch's Grape Soda. A massive fave of mine from my time out there. It was gross. Literally disgusting. Tasted like a mouth full of sweetener pills and fake powdery grape. Horrid ! so then I was put off of trying the others, as who wants to drink still root beer, right?

Had one last night. My tap water ATM is literally freezing, and it was amazingly refreshing and tasty. So yeah, well chuffed about that. Got some Orange Crush and water melon Jolly Rancher etc too. Handy, given it's freezing and Waitrose are fully booked until after Christmas ffs. So I am going to have to stay with my mother for a while. Not a bad thing, her house is roasting haha.

12. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

Fusion haze make an awesome vape based on the above, check it out its my current adv.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

I've got some apple from Vape Avenue that tastes nice. Sadly it is a bit weak, but at £9.99 for 100ml I can'tr really complain too much :) Current fave is Marshmallow Man III, will be getting some of that soon.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Better look out a cardi then.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm trying to review a ZX Spectrum Next. It's terribly broken, as per the other thread, but more importantly my HDMI capture card won't lock on to its dodgy signal.

So, a £40 HDMI/SCART to HDMI upscaler now sits betwix the Spectrum and my HDMI capture card - and it's working a treat.

zxspectrumnext-boot-corrected.png

The line down the left is the result of a memory timing error, which is also throwing off the HDMI output, and the slightly odd artefacting is because I've run a refocus convolution algorithm across it as the default output's a little soft (and the wrong aspect ratio, thanks to the upscaler, which I've also fixed).

Now if they could just make the ZX Spectrum Next actually work, I'd be a happy bunny!

16. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

And a mug of hot cocoa :)

[​IMG]

MLyons and ElThomsono like this.
  17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Steady on, not quite cold enough to go the whole hog just yet.

MLyons likes this.
  18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

£82 refund from EOn after switching providers - I mean, £35 of that is a payment that was made to cover this month (when the switch-over was already done, so in reality it's only a £47 refund), but i'll take it!

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I discovered by chance I might add that it can take up to 8 weeks for a refund to be issued, this is made up of 6 weeks for your old supplier to issue a final bill and then a further two weeks to issue a refund.

I asked my old supplier why this was and as yet I have to receive anything more than, this is normal practice.

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I assume it's just the absolute maximum amount of time they are legally allowed to keep somebody's money - probably to reap a little more interest. It is funny though, how companies are always very quick to demand payment, but awfully slow to refund it.