1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'll have the find the photoshoped image of my avatar with a gas mask on.

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Having to sit around a table and make forced conversation with family at this time of year.
    I know there are a lot of lonely folk at Christmas but the idea of just me, the cat and a beer watching crap on tv is my idea of bliss atm,

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

As I can no longer swallow solid food I have persuaded the good lady to take up a very rare offer from her ******, sorry banker son to spend Christmas with him. I will be moving most of my PC components to a new case and mobo and if that goes well then I will hit the vodka. Unfortunately along with my swallow issues I also have had a major loss of my sense of taste so my beloved beer now tastes toul. It is almost 9 years since I enjoyed a pint, much missed.
    And my cat will keep me company in the only way she knows how by sleeping in the bottom of a wardrobe. :grin::grin:

MLyons and Archtronics like this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Only takes me one can to get merry. I've been tee total for over ten years. One can of Carlsberg and I'm half way there, two and I'm straight up pissed.

I had two cans of Shandy earlier (0.5%) and could feel it. Mind you, one of my meds has the slogan "Makes you s**t at sex and drinking" by the people on it. Not sure why you would complain though, deffo makes you a cheap date !

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

All those people, spending money they don't have to eat something they don't like with people they can't stand...

Archtronics and MLyons like this.
  6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Spent the day messing around in linux trying to get an rpi soundcard hat working. At this point I'm chalking it up to a faulty hat :miffed:

Edit: config dot facepalm

Last edited: 26 Dec 2017
    MLyons likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

It never ends...

I put my Alienware R2 board (X99) on Fleabay and yesterday some guy emails me telling me he will collect it and pay cash after I have accepted his offer (eh?) any way, I replied and said I did not want cash (BT or PP) and he says "No, I will collect and pay cash". So he had kinda burnt himself out by that point and I would have rejected his offer no matter how good. Any way, he messages me this big long spiel about how he is going to make an offer, will collect the board, pay in cash and then won't be able to test for a while etc. Then he makes an offer, then he withdraws it.

Blocked.

Then at around 10pm last night I get a message "Hi, don't want to buy the board but want you to tell me how you got another board running in the case".

Ignored.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am rapidly losing the will to live trying to get my copy of Windows 10 pro to activate, if there is not one error there is another. Even phone activation declined as it said that it is installed on more than one device. I do not have any devices listed so that's a puzzle.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My £65-a-year-ago Antminer S3+ sold for £516 on FleaBay!

...then the winning bidder actually bothered to do his research, realised it wasn't going to earn him the £30 a day he'd mistakenly calculated (he'd just multiplied his GPU mining earnings by the hash rate, but GPU algos and ASIC algos are totally different things) and pulled out.

Who spends £516 on something before doing their research, for Pete's sake?!

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What do you care.:grin::grin::grin:

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Err... Because I'm now not getting my £516, perhaps?

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oops missed that bit. Oh well que sera, sera.

13. Vault-Tec

Some one who greedily thinks they are taking a golden egg laying goose from you. Like you'd sell one in the first place...

I've been messed around all over Christmas selling a motherboard. I ended up giving up on the RC cars and a few other things. If people got a slap in the face every time they pissed some one around on Ebay etc they wouldn't do it. I swear, some people do it just to waste time. Don't they have families or any thing else?

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Sooo. Me and the missus are separating. 2017 really can go die in a fire.

MLyons likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gotta love FleaBay: cancelled £516 guy's order, sent a Second Chance Offer to the next-highest bidder at £506: "I'm only willing to pay £450."

Well, then, guess what? YOU AIN'T GETTING IT. Cheeky git.

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Been trying to move a 70-200 f/4L IS for about three months... Tried everything short of giving it away. Bloody frustrating. Lowballers galore.

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

2nd chance offers are odd. It kinda feels like the 2nd highest bidder should pay the 2nd highest bid, but from a bidders point of view I don't think it is unreasonable to fully reassess the price/value of the item in response to the top bidder being removed from the equation. After all, you would now be comparing it with it potential price were the item to be relisted with the top bidder removed.

18. Vault-Tec

Last night the guy who had pissed me around on Ebay messaged me saying he was trying to make an offer but it would not let him. Which was kinda taking the piss, because I had lowered the price. Any way I told him I had blocked him. He asked why, so I explained that I wanted paying by Paypal or BT not cash and that he had ignored what I'd said to him etc. He then says something about having high feedback so I reminded him that it didn't give him the rights to go around demanding people sell things his way, and that maybe in future he should be a bit more respectful etc. I also told him I did not want him at my house either..

But yeah, crafty sod made an offer, pulled it, then tried making a lower one.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Can anyone please explain why we need the fireworks that just make an incredibly loud noise.
    I thought a firework display was supposed to be a thrilling visual display rather than an audio nightmare.
    I live in Edinburgh where we have a big 'Hogmanay' party in Princess Street and fireworks play a big part as they do the world over at this time.
    We got a little taste last night and although I am perhaps a couple of miles away from the castle and the noise from certain fireworks was unpleasantly loud, what it must be like for our furry friends is not worth thinking about.
    So why do we need them?

Last edited: 31 Dec 2017
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They're explosives.

wolfticket and MLyons like this.