1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mad Catz brand returns from the dead

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Jan 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I wonder if they'll be revisiting driver support for older Saitek equipment, I still struggle to get my flight pedals functioning properly on Windows 10.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nup: Mad Catz sold Saitek to Logitech before going bankrupt, so it wasn't included in the sale to the new owner.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Be interesting to see if they still provide any support to any previous products.
    Guessing that's a typo.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

MARTY! WE HAVE TO GO BACK! BACK... TO THE FUTURE! <theme plays>

jb0, MLyons and Flibblebot like this.
  6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Possibly not - I'm guessing Gareth has been working on his time machine over Christmas and is obviously thinking a lot about time - it's the only explanation for this line in the same article:
    My guess is that it's Gareth's way to ensure his awesomeness in 2018: use time travel so that he can publish news before it happens :D

As for Mad Catz themselves, it'll be interesting to see where they go from here: whether the new owners are going to build and improve on Mad Catz' previous products or if they're just going to rehash the same old designs.

MLyons likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

It's the future - LITERALLY!

Right, both fixed.

MLyons likes this.
  8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That explains all his crypto investments

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gawd, if I had a time machine I'd go back and put a few grand into Bitcoin in the early days, then... Well, there's no step two. That's it; set for life.

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

:( That's no good, Logitech don't appear to have done anything with drivers/software for older Saitek gear... I may just have to get rid of my pedals.

11. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

The mad catz TE MMO is the only driver I haven't got installed on my PC after a reinstall. I wonder if they will support older products, I purchased last January.

12. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Outside the Saitek stuff, the only MadCatz device that's ever looks really interesting is the Lynx 9 crazy folding transformable controlpad thing. With the crippling flaw of costing £200 and being made by MadCatz.

Tags: Add Tags