1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I shared that with the crypto chat I’m in... instant classic. :D

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've now quadrupled my original investment into FunFair, and the public test hasn't even launched yet. Expecting good things from this one!

EDIT: Meanwhile, I'm nine days in to requesting cash from my ISA and it's still not here. When it does finally land - two to five working days longer, I'm told - I won't actually be able to transfer it to my mortgage provider without visiting my local brick-and-mortar bank branch like some kind of Neanderthal.

Meanwhile, I took a chunk of change out of my hairy-scary crypto investment and had it converted to Euros in about an hour, then in my bank account less than a day later - and it only took that long because Coinbase demands six confirmations for Bitcoin deposits and the SEPA transfer takes a day or so. The crypto part was done in seconds.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2018
  4. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Everywhere reputable has disabled new user registrations for backend upgrades.

5. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Currently trying to get some FUN, but as usual coinbase are experiencing a delay, when transferring out. Hmpff

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

TIPS: Send to GDAX first (instant) and send out from there (no fees), and send Litecoin rather than Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Here's hoping neither of us regrets our FunFair investments! (Looking at you, Iota. Damn your eyes and your still-hovering-around-half-what-I-paid self.)

MLyons likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Ooh, looks like Visa's spat out its dummy. Bitwala and Cryptopay have both suspended all Bitcoin-to-debit-card functionality, and I had a similar email from Wirex last night talking about "temporary suspension" of card payments.

Not a good time to be offering crypto-backed debit cards, this...

EDIT: TenX, too. Turns out everyone offering this service used a single provider, WaveCrest, which has been told by Vista to close all its cards with immediate effect.

Whoopsie!

Last edited: 5 Jan 2018
  8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

If I were to put £50/100 into something, what would people recommend?

9. Gareth Halfacree

Depends how long you're likely to leave it in there. Short term, Ripple might still have a way to go - but not that far, I reckon. FunFair and Stellar Lumens have big releases this month or the next, and are likely to grow more than Ripple over that time.

Longer term, VeChain looks promising, and nobody ever went bust betting on Bitcoin (apart from all those crashes it had, of course) - especially now the Lightning Network is becoming an actual thing on mainnet.

10. GeorgeStorm

You'll need to define short and longer term for me to answer that properly hah.
    But it's money I'd forgotten about in a trading account from years ago, hoping to reactivate my account and I think I've got something like £50-100 in there so thought may as well put it somewhere it might earn me something, so no rush to take it back out.

11. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Ether is my hot ticket for 2018 - I reckon we'll be looking at $3-5k by EOY, providing the bubble doesn't burst.

I'm *hoping* Litecoin does well, just because that's what I own most of, but considering how flat it's been so far since Christmas, I might be waiting a while longer for a return there...

12. Gareth Halfacree

Short term: anything from day trading to "and I'll revisit this in a couple of months."
    Long term: "I forgot I had XXX coin in a wallet I made six years ago, and now I'm a millionaire!"

13. GeorgeStorm

Ok, well I'll double check how much I've got tonight hopefully, but the idea was to put something in and kind of leave it, although not for years and years so I guess I'm in the short term category :p

14. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

I got a few LTC im holding onto, then recently got some XRP, some ETH and now today some FUN.
    All of which im gonna HODL, so we will see what happens, it's not much but we will see.....

15. GeorgeStorm

Turns out I've just found 0.03ish BTC, what do I do with it? Planning on withdrawing via Kraken.

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

It's Friday - that sounds like Cryto-Takeaway, to me!

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The email from Cryptopay:

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Can't spell Ripple without RIP, eh?

19. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Use it to buy other cryptos and see if they go nuts?

20. GeorgeStorm

I'm tempted to do that with a little bit, tempted to use some of it to grab a card to mine with since apparently that's still a thing, and I might be able to utilise my office for free elec haha