1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features The Games To Watch in 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 8 Jan 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've got a few games on my watchlist for the year at the moment:

A Way Out is very high up on my list, I've been constantly hoping for more split-screen co-op games for my PS4 to get released so if it turns out decent then I'll be very happy.
    Anno 1800 is one I'm really looking forward to, I like the historical stuff more than the futuristic theme in strategy titles so glad to see the series going back in time again.
    Monster Hunter: World is looking quite interesting for something to play on my PS4... been quite some time since I've touches a Monster Hunter game so it might keep my busy for a good while.
    Really hopeful for the new Call of Cthulhu game to bring us some good old fashion psychological horror, if it releases this year.

3. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

As a big fan of old-school, Baldur's Gate style RPGs, and also as one of their backers, I'm really looking forward to the release of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire this year.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Subnautica will soon be leaving Early Access and getting it's proper release. That's good news to me and time for a review, I wonder if it's the first open world survival game to make it all the way out of Early Access and to release with an actual story and end game.

Metro: Exodus has me excited because I loved the last two Metro games, although I'm not sure how moving the game towards a more open world model will fit with the extremely tightly scripted games released previously. My most optimistic outcome is that it will be a true spiritual sucessor to STALKER.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Just wanted to firmly agree with all of these :D

6. suenstar

The devs have been doing some really good work on Subnautica over the past year, it works really well in VR as well.
    I found that it took a few sessions to get used to the motion but after that it was a brilliant experience, the first time being chased by a giant sea creature in the depths was terrifying in VR.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Announced ones for 2018 I want:
    Anno 1800, Metro Exodus, Pillars of Eternity 2 and also Warhammer 40K Gladius as well as X4 (no idea what year those last two will actually come out, just hoping it will be 2018)

And some peasant box stuff I'll probably pick up:
    Monster Hunter World later this month.
    Ni no Kuni II and Yakuza 6 (ok, the second one is technically not a new release but whatever) in march.
    Other than that... Code Vein, Biomutant and Darksiders 3 could tickle my fancy, but thats end of the year stuff.

Also do we count the threesome of games announced so long ago and with no clue regarding release date that the world will have probably have forgotten about them whenever they actually come out?
    a.k.a Last of Us 2, Detroit Become Human and Kingdom Hearts 3.
    (cause I kind of want all three)

8. suenstar

Completely forgot about X4 getting announced last year.
    No idea when it'll be getting released but that's another game I'm hopeful for.

9. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Interesting - I really went into barf-mode whenever I had to turn with the gamepad. I felt it could really, really do with room-scale.

10. suenstar

Luckily the worst I've had to deal with for motion in VR is a couple of bouts of dizziness and fuzzy vision when taking the headset off, I find the more frequently that I use it the lesser the effects.
    Started off with lots and lots of 30-40 minute sessions, probably did that a good 50+ times before playing in VR for longer periods.

Tags: Add Tags