1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Update. Its fine. Its perfectly drinkable, but for the price I'd chose other things - a little too sweet for my liking, and a bit vanilla'y.

stonedsurd likes this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Wireless controllers. Note the S, plural (Eddie Murphy, Trading Places). Any way before Xmas I bought a 360 wireless sort of by mistake. I posted a thread asking if there was a cheap alternative and some one kindly posted a link of a very reasonably priced 360 controller. However, being a bit of a dimmy I thought it was a Xbone wireless and ordered a battery/charger set for the Xbone. Then I realised my mistake and had to order batteries for the 360 controller. Well by this stage I figured I may as well go the whole hog and bought the expensive dongle for the Xbone.

Now I have two completely wireless set ups. I never thought I would appreciate this, but just putting the thing down after gaming is so easy. Instead of having to find a place for it I can literally just toss it down anywhere. Very handy, and I am sure when I get my VR headset back on it will make things even easier.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I am excited for this, but apprehensive at the same time. I love the Kovacs trilogy so I'm hoping they really haven't made a mess of this. Not off to a good start, it looks like they've totally futzed with Kovacs' back story...

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just found a 6GB 1060 at non inflated mining prices :)

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Find any hen's teeth as well?

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

And i just realised my cars tax is due :(

8. Vault-Tec

Far Harbour. I forgot how bloody acebest it was. Everything that Fallout 4 should have been. I'm gonna take this playthrough veeeeery slowly lol.

9. MLyons

Just found out about pushbullet and the fact they have an api. 5 mins in python and I'm sending notifications to my phone. This means i can setup the monitoring systems we have so that they send me a notification if they break.

Byron C likes this.
  10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The guitar Build my old man and myself are busy with is progressing... question is: Is there interest in a build-log for this?

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yes.

As long as its silverburst.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It's a nice piece of walnut, so it's not silverburst... let me put up the build log to date

13. Vault-Tec

Those who read this thread a lot will remember that I recently switched my leccy and gas tariff, after discovering that my ex had done what she thought would be best (because she was up all night on her tablet). Any way, got my first quarterly bill in. Now bear in mind that the last bill was £287, with hardly any gas used (hot water and bath only). So it was no surprise that I was bricking it because I have had the heating on since October. New bill £220. With lots of heating used. So £60+ less. And of course I got that £140 credit thing and now still have £127 in credit even with the quarterly bill gone.

6-8 weeks and I can turn the heating back off and then start reaping the rewards. I can't believe my ex did that, but then she was only capable of thinking about herself.

14. Vault-Tec

Well I'll be...

When I was a kid my family was a lot closer than it is now. There was rarely a week went by without us seeing each other. However when dad died and mum was left to work herself into a box looking after my brother and I we no longer had a car. My mum's sister moved to a town about 7 miles away but it may as well have been 70. You needed to take three buses just to get there so we saw a lot less of her. Which was a shame, 'cause I do love my uncle and aunt. Any way mum has a twin sister and had two brothers. Her baby brother died a few months ago (cancer) and I've never felt so gutted. Well, I have, but you know what I mean. When dad died my uncles were my father figures, and Jeff (the guy who died) was bloody good to us when my dad died. Any way, he was living down here first (darn sarf) and then my aunt and uncle moved down here, then my mother, then me. Then my aunty pam (other side of the family) and my cousins all followed soon after. Which is bloody awesome. So part of the family were put back together..

Any way, my mum's other brother (the eldest) kinda went his own way many years ago (about 30). He had some financial difficulties and ended up on Roundshaw Estate in Carshalton. I doubt you have ever heard of it but if you have you will know what it's like. A hell hole. Well he has four daughters and I was always very close to them but seeing them on that estate was tough. Mostly because going there alone took considerable bravery (if you were going alone which I did a couple of times) and thus we never really saw much of each other. Well, over the years he put his life back together and long story short he's now a millionaire. Something to do with trading precious metals with Russia, as he is over there a lot. Well, he threw a lavish wedding for each of my cousins (they are all girls) and I never went to any. Too many people, too public etc. However not the October just passed but the one before mum had a 70th birthday party with her twin sister. It was awesome, and I actually went. I got to see all of my cousins (like all of them from one side, lots) and we reconstructed a photo that we had done for my nan and grandad about 35 years ago. What a laugh ! and so lovely to see them. Well, of course my mum's eldest brother didn't show, but, sent a letter saying they would be moving down here to be closer to her when he retires. Yeah yeah, heard it all before etc.

Then today out of nowhere he tells her he's bought a house about 400ft from hers. Blimey, could have knocked me down with a feather tbh. I think my uncle Jeff dying had a lot to do with it. He never usually made family meetings because he was away and it was always promises but never showed.

But this is great. It means I get to see him and my aunty and all of my cousins a crap ton more ! Unfortunately my dad's side of the family are now pretty much a distant memory. I think in all honesty my dad was the glue that held that all together and when he died it all died with him.

So yeah, sorry for prattling on. Just dead chuffed is all.

15. MLyons

This is one of the reasons I'm on this forum :happy:

adidan and Arboreal like this.
  16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Is it not also in your job description? ;)

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

...that and you're paid to be here [at least I hope they're paying you].

18. Vault-Tec

Just got word that two of the girls (my cousins) are moving down too. Even better they are my two faves lol. Two of them are kinda quiet and a bit distant, but the other two are awesome. I see a bloody good summer ahead !

19. MLyons

Actually no it's not. My job is software developer but at this point I'm more software developer/forum liaison.
    As said above no I'm not paid to be on the forums, I get paid to develop software. I do this because I have fun and it's a great community... Also some great bargains from time to time ;).

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

got fed up of my nexus 7's accelerometer freaking out so at 4am (after getting frustrated trying to fix it for some late night TV) i tore it apart and reassembled it, also did a fresh nuke and rebuild, damn thing now flies and despite signs of obvious wear over the past 5 years; feels as good as new, accelerometer an all.

:thumb: