1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and DLC again but this time and very rarely with any game I have 100% completion, all challenges,all collectables. Really enjoyed this game if I have a criticism is that I missed the sequenced jumps that the older games had and the frustration I experience trying to master them.
    Might play the last one again and see if I can also get 100%.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2017
  2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Me again this time I have replayed Tomb Raider 2013 and achieved 100%. Criticism pretty much the same as the last Tomb Raider, I missed the quite often frustrating jump sequences and combat was a bit suspect in this game as an arrow to the head should put you down but not so much in this game. Still a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just finished the Witcher 3's final expansion, Blood and Wine.
    It's over. :waah:
    (the ending was absolutely perfect though :happy:)

The Witcher 3's one of those rare games that makes me happy about the medium of video games in general. A truly great work in its entirity, not some digital toy to play with and forget (though those are fine too of course). I wonder how it'll stand the test of time.

Regarding the 2 expansions specifically, Blood and Wine's clearly the better one. Hearts of Stone is great fun, with one of the most hilarious quests in the game, but B&W's gorgeous landscapes and varied quests are something else entirely. It has everything you could wish for in an expansion pack and more.
    Both expansions feature some very unique, imaginative quests and environments. Some truly wonderful stuff that (like so much in the Witcher 3) would never have gotten past all the layers of marketing and focus testing, had it been produced by one of the traditional "AAA" publishers.

The only nitpicky remark I have about Blood and Wine is that I found the Beauclairois accent a bit weird. It didn't make sense to me and was a little bit distracting.
    On a related, but positive, note: the voice (actor) of the Beast is amazing; almost as awesome as Emperor Emhyr var Emreis in the main game. CD Project Red have a knack for finding exactly the right voice for imposing characters.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I could listen to the voice of Regis for ever, it's one if those rare voices that's toneally perfect! Your right, they did nail it in tw3 :)

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Evil Within 2. I am in a weird position with this game in that i do not really know whether i enjoyed it or not. I do think I preferred the first game.
    This had many issues with the most important was the pointlessness of some of the weapons. Your default weapon, the knife, was absolutely useless except for smashing crates or sneak kills on some enemies. Pistol was not much better. some enemies were bullet sponges and ammo was not that plentiful.
    In the opening levels our hero can walk/run very well but once you get into the game proper suddenly he runs as though he has had an accident in his underpants and he is obviously a smoker or a least an ex smoker as he can sprint for about 3/4 seconds at best.
    It was sort of open world but not, there were a couple of side missions but some areas you could not go back to which meant missed collectables srtayed missed.
    A lot of bosses which fortunately I beat but I felt that most were little more than padding. total game time was around 17 hours which is reasonable for what I paid which was £25 which was about it's price point.

Missed a few collectables so will play NG+ until the new Wolfenstien is released.

6. Pliqu3011

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty campaign.
    Missions are varied and the core gameplay does scratch some itch, but I never felt as satisfied with a hard-fought victory as in, say, Company of Heroes. I had high hopes Blizzard would've put in a mission in the same vein as the stellar Rexxar campaign in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, but unfortunately not.

I can't help but mention the story and overall writing in this game though. It's just so bad, clichéd and cringeworthy. Could not care less about Grumpy Alcoholic White Dude Who's Had Enough of This ****, his Ragtag Band of Living Stereotypes and the secret ancient artifact of the Xen'thilandri't'h'il Mag'uz. There's never any tension, the story doesn't pull a single unexpected move.
    I usually enjoy camp, but there's a huge disconnect between how dumb everything is and how deadly serious this game takes itself.
    Dumb == fun. Smug dumb == irritating.

I'm a single player only guy, so I can't comment on the (presumably excellent) multiplayer, but for me it's a 6.5/10. Somewhat enjoyable.

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Finally finished Castlevania Dracula X. Turns out if you keep doing the same thing and failing, you should probably try something else. :rollingeyes:

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

No way! Do you want to come and consult at my office? Loadsa people there have not had that epiphany yet, I assure you.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

XCOM 2

Took wayyy too long to complete this, but I was playing on the hardest difficulty mode (bar Ironman). In fact, I was taking so long, War of the Chosen came out during - not going back again. Overall, okay I guess - after all the effort I put in, the game could've had the most epic ending ever and still left me feeling empty

Wolfenstein 2

S'alright I suppose, but the ending was a bit abrupt and the story was all over the place. The Rage (ID Tech 5? 6?) engine is a funny old thing - fantastic at rendering long distance scenes, but up close the textures don't look so good.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just finished the Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4 and notice that I have nearly 200 hours on the game. But there was so much within the game that I found pointless. I did not use any meds apart from sim packs, I rarely used VATS or power armour. It annoyed me that it was necessary to collect junk just to upgrade a weapon not that I did that to often. As soon as I got the Railway Armour Mk 2 that was pretty much it never changed after that. The only enemies to give me real issues were the Automtrons with their heat ray and the first Legendary Mirelurk Queen I met on one quest.

I have never been fond of crafting in games as I feel irt slows down the game and for me adds zilch.

Pity you cannot have a list of all the Legendary weapons etc that one comes accross as I am still finding stuff whilst I continue to explore as I have nothing much else to play at the moment.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Portal 1 in 81 minutes. Mmm a lot shorter than I remember.

It only adds needless game bulk. Ended up cheating to generate the loot I needed early on. cba with looking around everywhere either.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just finished a bit of DLC, Not a Hero for the last Resident Evil game which in itself very short, about 4 hours, but this DLC as well as being from start to finish about 45 minutes tops was really poor. Gameplay, graphics in fact everything and was nothing more than a way to make money from the die hard RE fans.

13. Pliqu3011

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
    Pretty fun shooting gallery style FPS. Some surprisingly nice visuals at times.

I had hoped they'd do more with the unreliable narrator thing though. Like a twist near the end, revealing Silas (or maybe even the guy pretending to be Silas) lied about significant parts of the story, putting his actions in a new light, or that he was the aggressor and the bad guy all along or something.

I thought it was strange Grey Wolf's prophecy and the ghost thing were left completely unresolved too. Maybe you get additional lore in NG+?

14. Pliqu3011

What Remains of Edith Finch - 9/10
    The gaming equivalent of a short film. It's concise, gorgeous, emotional and overall absolutely stunning.
    If you like interesting narrative experiences and haven't played this already, just buy it. Don't watch or read anything about the game, it'll just reveal many of the surprises along the way.

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

How do you do that bit where you are in the water and there's a room full of bad guys? I totally couldn't work that out, kept sodding dying.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Can you provide a bit more detail as I cannot place that bit?

17. Vault-Tec

You dive into the water at Point X and you have to swim underwater to point Y. It brings you out in a room with either a hole in the floor or in the ice or something. You are in the water and there's a bad guy standing near the edge of the water. You can pull him in, but as soon as you do they all start firing at you. There's a whole load of them so if I jump out of the water to fight them I am usually dead before I even make it out and stand up.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Got you, yes that is a bit of a trial and I too had difficulties.
    What I eventually did was swim from hole to hole trying to get them to come to me then taking them down from the water. Once thinned I went in all guns blazing but always staying close to a hole so if things got a bit hot then I would go to another part of the room via the water.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2018
    Fizzban likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Well that shows how quickly I get annoyed and give up because I didn't realise there were multiple holes (that's what she said).

Thanks man, will have a looksee when I get home :)

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Crysis 2 Great game in all respects, if I have a criticism I would choose other weapons rather than what you were offered on each level. The sniper rifle was my weapon of choice but at some point it disappeared and never got another one.

Off to play Crysis 3 again