1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not getting notification emails.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Byron C, 26 Nov 2017.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I’m not getting them at all again since yesterday. Came here to say something and found this thread.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm not seeing anything on the backend. Let me PM you and see if you get one

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah this functionality has been up and down more than a whore's drawers lately ;).

4. Zoon

I didn't, sorry.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

:wallbash: I promise it is being worked on :sad:. I'll see if we can find some stronger Dev/Doge juju somewhere
    [​IMG]

EDIT: post if you suddenly receive a message. They me be delayed.

Guest-23315, Guest-56605 and Byron C like this.
  6. Zoon

I got my own cpanel reseller, and it's usually rock solid, I'm receiving other emails in the meantime etc. Sorry!

7. MLyons

I meant they may be delayed on our end. The backend isn't even throwing the error it normally does so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll see if there is more info once I get in tomorrow and I'll test with some of my test accounts.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Did someone just plug a cable back in? I just had a dump of about 30 emails in the space of 15 minutes :grin:

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Dev/Doge got his mojo back and applied some juju.

10. MLyons

One of the other devs - "so they complain when they don't get emails and when they do". But yes Dev/Doge juju was successfully applied.

Who said Monday is the worst day of the week :grin:

11. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

Also just received a zillion emails (slightly over exaggerated) :D

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Who's complaining? :thumb:

13. Zoon

Not complaining at all just thought you’d be happy we confirmed it’s fixed!! We’ll take our helpful enduser-ness and leave then :(

14. MLyons

close to how many we just sent
    No one. Just quoting another dev.
    :( I'm happy. I was just quoting another Dev. Why do you think you suddenly have a dev that helps the forums daily. :thumb:

alfizzle likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Speak for yourself mate, I'm a developer too :grin:, I get to whine and moan about slack-jawed id--... I mean, "end users" all day too :p

16. MLyons

Tricky level 8. What dev work do you do? To be fair it being a tech forum helps a lot. Even if some people couldn't work out how to add thread title prefixes...

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Data entertainer.

I was employed as a SQL Developer/DBA, but I haven't actually done any SQL work since I started - not on live systems anyway. I'm doing a bit of everything: little bit of JavaScript/JSON (although a *very* small bit), XML, Groovy, shell scripting & automation, and the odd bit of .NET C#.

18. MLyons

I weirdly enjoy scripting and automation. I love making things technically more efficient. JavaScript/JSON? So I guess that's working with APIs then?

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Spot on. The back-end framework is a microservices architecture defined in XML & Groovy (with a generous helping of Java thrown in for good measure), and there's a front-end Node.JS web client which hooks into the back-end. I'm also doing devops-type work on stuff like automated testing, continuous integration/deployment, container orchestration & automated scaling, etc, as well as data modelling/architecture & legacy migration. I don't begrudge not working on our production SQL Server stuff, the work I'm doing now is quite interesting and varied.

MLyons likes this.
  20. MLyons

Yes, it's broke again. Dev/Doge magic is being applied as I type this.