1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just started Witcher 3. Does look glorious.

Not got far in, still getting used to the 3rd person perspective after so much FO4. Not sure whether i'm ok with the mechanics or not yet - bit of a consoley feel tbh.

Anyway, it's been so long since 1&2 I think I may just readup again on the backstory, up the difficulty and start over.

But yeah, 1440p and everything maxed it looks lovely.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have to say I completely gave up even on the 10 hr trial I couldn't even make 5 hours in.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I always get to a point in Witcher 3 where my interest in the story just dies, usually it happens shortly after reaching Skellige...
    I've restarted the game about six times now and still haven't managed to finish the main story.

I had a look at the VR version of LA Noire but decided to hold off for a bit as I don't want to play it on two systems at once, plus it'll probably be cheaper in the next sale.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Elite Dangerous

Because Star Citizen isn't out yet and 3.0 really dropped the ball.

Luckily, it's awesome.

5. Karrlas

Karrlas Ageing too fast...

I am currently revisiting Borderlands 2.

Have started afresh with Zero, aiming for a more close range shooty/stabby build, still early doors yet though...

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

It’s good but for me the star of the set is The Pre-Sequel.

The main problem I had with 2 was I hit a point where I was simply underpowered for the quests. I got around this in TPS by hoarding Shift keys and got a decent gun which let me push past. Ought to revisit BL2 and try again. After the disappointment of Destiny 2, the BL series is IMO the best sci-fi RPShooter series there is.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Finished Portal 2
    The Last Tree was awful and I applied for a refund after 22 minutes
    1 hr of Kingdoms and Castles and it's quite entertaining.

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Project Cars 2 VR
    Onwards
    Lone Echo
    Elite Dangerous (Very late to the game, but this game in VR has taken my life...) :D

Been thinking about getting LA Noire VR, but is it really worth £25 when I already own the original game?

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Kingdoms and Castles - After 3 hrs play, Banished was better.
    Went back to NorthGuard and since the updates with a new clan, there is now game stopping bugs (Healers don't heal, healing hut says no people). Not impressed. It was so good before :(
    Will try some Dirt 4 streamed to the ShieldTV tonight I think. Can't play Prey around the kids.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Still Fallout 4. Far Harbour just effing rules. All it would need to be absolutely perfect is more buildings to explore inside.. But the graphics, the fog, etc it's like you're playing a bloody different game ffs !

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I've just started Fallout 4 on Survival mode. There has been a lot of raging so far..

12. Vault-Tec

I've always played it on the easiest setting. Reason I do that is two fold. 1. If I continually die in a game I either smash things or stop playing it (the latter now I am older). and 2. You get less XP for a kill which means it takes longer to level up and thus makes the game take longer. I'm not in a hurry to play games like this, so that works very well for me.

13. Xir

Xir Modder

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut

Yes, that's a 1996 game rereleased 2009 :grin:

I played the original 1999ish and can't remember anything, but it was on a whole stack of CD's back then and now it's one WII disk.

14. gupsterg

gupsterg What's a Dremel?

Wolfenstein 2, simple mindless shoot fest :D .

15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Started to get into Overwatch again

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've needed something a bit more chilled out so I've been building things in Space Engineers again, currently planning the layout for a modular space station.
    I may try restarting Witcher 3 for the hundredth time as it's one of those games that doesn't really require much effort... I always seem to get a little bit into the Skellige quests and get bored though.

17. Vault-Tec

I don't know how Far Harbour has left me feeling, tbh. It makes me feel that Fallout 4 was made as it is due to constraints and so on, then when they got good at it they made Far Harbour. But it just has everything, and I mean, everything. Dark, dreary woods check. Fog that gives you radiation (and looks incredible) check. Good quests with solid bosses, check. Good story check. Then last night I was sent off to the VIM factory and was in there for about two hours and then I realised this is what it was all about in FO3. Wandering off somewhere and just walking around a deserted building for hours and hours just taking it in.

And FO4 doesn't seem to have any of that. Almost like the engine has limitations for inner level design or they just couldn't be assed. They put way too much time into frivolous crap in FO4 and none of it works very well. I mean crap, first thing I did when I first loaded it up was see a bottle of turps and thought "Better grab that for later when I am making Nuka Grenades for albino scorpions !". But none of that happened. There was no dart gun, so I could not hide behind something and stick some one with a dart full of poison then listen for the till bell to ring and their final groan..

Far Harbour gives nearly all of it back. It's like you are playing a totally different game. The graphics are much better, the sound is much better, everything is just better.

*sigh* and now it's nearly over and I have to go back to Boston.

Guest-16 likes this.
  18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Been playing PUBG on the PC, lots of running around paranoid. Don’t get a lot of kills as I tend to hang away from the herd then try and pick off from a distance.

I really need to think about a graphics card upgrade, having to run everything in low setting - looks rough.

19. Matticus

Matticus ...

I keep trying to play pubg and fortnite with my friend and we do alright some games but then can have a string of really frustrating games and end up coming away pretty annoyed.

So we reinstalled Terraria just to "see what's changed since we last played" and accidentally sunk 2 hours into it. I can forsee a lot of Terraria in my future! :p

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

After finishing another playthrough of Fallout4 and DLC I struggled to find in my 160 games libary something to play as there is nothing new I want and has not been for a while. So going to have another look at FarCry 2 and the original Portal.
    Never finished FC 2 as a bug kept me locked in the prison right at the end of the game let us hope that that was a bug that was patched.