1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It switches between the most profitable coin constantly. It’s difficult to say but it is not bad, though. It’s making more than it costs to run, so it’s on whenever I’m not gaming. :)

This is what I get on Lyra using 80% power target, +125 MHz on the core and stock (5500) mem...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jan 2018
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Jeeezus, this isnt a slide, its an avalanche.

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I picked up some LTC and ETH on it's way down. Gimme the bounce please!

4. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

I upped my ripple amount when it was under £1, time to HODL now.

5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Last night I was looking at it and getting the sweats a bit even with my current low investment. It was down around 55%!! It's back up to around 70% of what it was before the dip for me now, and I'm honestly wishing I'd been able to buy some more while it was down, because within a few days it's going to be back up. One could double one's money buying this low in just a week.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Part of me was tempted buy a couple of ETH earlier this afternoon, could have made £300+ per coin or something already but ah well haha, at least things are looking up :)

7. Zoon

TRX dipped to a low of 3.5p and has been up over 6p. A single £700-ish ETH would be around £1,200 just in one. And if you were buying more than one ETH. Well that's the gamble isn't it.

8. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

ETH is still higher than it was on 5th Jan, even after a 40% drop, that goes a long way to putting it's stability (compared to Alts) into perspective. I'm annoyed i'm further in the red with LTC, but even more annoyed payday is still a week away and I couldn't get any cheap ETH!

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm up about 60% from yesterday's low point, which is nice. Wonder how many people sold at the bottom and are kicking themselves - and how it compares to the number who sold at the top and bought the dip and are now sitting pretty on a doubled or tripled crypto stack?

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Some are saying it's a bulltrap. I hope it's not.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Here's the thing: nobody wants you to get rich if that means they get less rich. When the market's up, those who haven't bought enough will cry "bubble," "bull trap," "dead-cat bounce," in an effort to get you to sell your coins cheaply. When the market's down, those holding heavy bags will tell you to "buy the dip," "undervalued," "we've hit the bottom," "recovery imminent," and prey on your fear of missing out in order for you to shove money into the market and buoy up their investment.

If someone's telling you it's a bull trap, then they're almost certainly invested in seeing the price drop or stagnate. Equally, if someone's telling you that we're heading for a recovery then they're almost certainly invested in seeing the price rise. Either way, ignore 'em and do your own research.

Although, obviously, we're heading for a recovery and you should put all your money into Ripple right now. Like, immediately. Moon! Lambo! Et cetera!

<goes back to refreshing Blockfolio to see if it worked>

MLyons likes this.
  12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Any advice on how to do my own research?

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Can't believe I'm going to say this... but Reddit.. Unless you can get behind something like the Bloomberg Pay Wall to get analysts research, its the best thing. But you've got to compile and critique everything you read.

MLyons and wyx087 like this.
  14. Gareth Halfacree

Like @Mankz says, reddit is good - but better still, if you're in it for the longer term, is to apply critical thinking. If a project smells like a Ponzi scheme, has no public white paper, has anonymous backers, has no real-world use case? Avoid. Sure, you might get lucky and double your cash if you get in on the pump-and-dump wave early, but you might also lose everything.

Pick a project or six that have real-world use cases, real-world users, a verifiable team with experience and knowledge, and a white paper that seems to make sense, and you should be set - though you'll likely make your gains over a much longer term.

MLyons and wyx087 like this.
  15. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Economics books that examine turn-of-the-century stock markets, when regulations were pretty lax and (relative to today) volumes were small and operation was slow. The principles examined there are applicable to todays crypto markets, which are similarly light on regulations and vulnerable to 'all the old tricks'.

wyx087 likes this.
  16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Thanks all. Great info, I'll be sure to do some book studying and look beyond the coin name. (Dogecoin looks good ;) )

For Reddit, is there one subreddit I need to subscribe? Or just search the coin name and filter through all the comments?

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This. 1,000,000 times this. Its the only reason I dumped my cash into XRP in the first place. It had a real-world use and had uptake from known institutions. At the same time as we all want to make huge profits from these coins, its equally important we don't lose everything.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

XRP back up 50% on 24 Hours Kiddos

19. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I need to get more XRP.

20. Zoon

Back up to around 80-85% of where I was. Might see a peak in a couple weeks.