1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Only teasing. :)

Well in that case I guess time on the forum is a necessary evil, I mean you have to test the software is working and get feedback from the users :)

"So MLyons how are you finding my work? Well MLyons it's outstanding, very good job there, a most enjoyable experience.
    Ah now MLyons stop it, you're too kind.
    Not at all MLyons, let me buy you a drink. Well, if you insist MLyons, but there really is no need.
    I say, have you done something with your hair MLyons, it's very dashing.
    Nice of you to notice MLyons."

That a normal day? :)

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Such a hard life

More like why did you nearly just wipe our database and brick a PC.

adidan likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I just stuffed my fat face full of pheasant and I don't regret a single bite.

I've been eating some pretty snazzy foods lately. Waitrose have a 3 for 10 deal and my shopping costs me £70 a fortnight. What I do is buy four lots of 3, but at least two of them will be two meals (like burgers, I can't eat 4 !) so it costs very little. However some of the stuff I've had? phwoar. Two nights ago I had squid. I thought it was going to suck balls but I cooked it perfectly and it was like big prawns. So nice. I had partridge a couple of weeks ago and loved it (kinda like chicken crossed with a pigeon) so I ordered more but they didn't have any and I got pheasant instead. Tbone crossed with a chicken.

Just uber. Whilst I always moan to myself before I begin cooking I always feel proud after. I'm getting dead good at it now too. I've also noticed that my IBS has all but evaporated. Which is awesome. I guess you can't beat fresh food huh?

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nearly three months after some thieving little f'stick wrote off my motorbike in a bungled attempt at nicking it, I have *finally* got all the insurance claims sorted.

3 ****ing months... That was ****ing ridiculous.

Plus it looks like I'll only be about £400 out of pocket at the end of all this.

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Byron C likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I thought it was a gimmick but desk backlighting is a ****ing game changer. i think i need to look at getting a new DC inverter for the strips tho, cheap chinese pos makes my speakers audible hum at max brightness.

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Looks great, any chance of a picture with a little lower light?

10. Vault-Tec

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

12. Vault-Tec

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Was given a 1% payrise automatically as part of a blanket payrise for people achieving over a certain standard on their performance reviews. On the "hey, more money, don't complain" perspective it's great and all, but 1% ain't really a lot and when some of that goes into my pension, I'm left with about enough for two burgers and two pints in Wetherspoons. In other news, I was headhunted on LinkedIn. Happens a lot, and usually the jobs are a pile of dross. This one however is advertised at 30 - 40% more than I'm on now and is something I'm really up for. Heck yes I applied.

MLyons and adidan like this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Be grateful for peanuts, sod that i'd take the offer of the coconuts thanks.

15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

There’s the whole “don’t look a gift horse” but I work really really hard and they already gave me a £9k paycut this year on moving jobs (which wasn’t as painful as it sounds because I spent £5k of that on travelling costs I couldn’t claim since it was to my “primary location”). So after that a blanket 1% is a lot of a pisstake really.

16. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

It's better than a kick in the balls as well, that's what I thought when I got my 1%.

17. Vault-Tec

Buying a premium product and getting premium.

With vaping now you can do it on the cheap. Like, proper cheap. £9.99 or less for 100ml. Stick in £4 worth of liquid and you have a lot of vape juice. Any way, some of them I buy cost nearly three times that. Premium stuff. And it tastes fantastic.

The other day I sold a set of bike wheels I forgot I had. Not much money but they are gone now which is what I was after. Any way I ordered a bottle of premium vape..

[​IMG]

The company (Candy King) are American and their flavours are based on candy. So Swedish Fish etc. I got the one that resembles Sour Crawlers (candy sour worms). Any way when it arrived I got a nice surprise. Huge sticker and it came packed in a really nice padded envelope.

[​IMG]

With a little gold sticker saying "Thank You !" sealing it up.

[​IMG]

I doubt I will ever use the sticker (bit old for that) but was just happy that it came with it. £25 for a bottle of juice is high end price, and you usually get sod all.

Which is stupid, because a sticker should not make me so happy haha.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Heated grips. Oh my god. Heated f'ing grips. Why did I not buy heated grips for my motorbike sooner. I can't even use them on the full setting, it's too damn hot!

Next up: hand guards.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

pineapple juice & lemonade, the amber nectar itself.

20. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

LCS is back this week and the complete legend @Fingers66 sorted me out 2 CPUs and Intel stock coolers preventing them from sending dev doge to the kennels on Monday.