1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I look at this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/
    Typically for reddit it's full of memes, shilling and people dreaming about moons and lambos, but the important stuff is nearly always at the top of the page.

wyx087 likes this.
  2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

4. TheMadDutchDude

Welcome to idiocy in the world. :D

5. koola

koola Minimodder

Anyone into ICOs?

I got in to Titanium, which looks promising.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Remembered I had a bit of Litecoin from when I bought into a dip, but I don't reckon it's got too much higher to go - so I'm taking a punt on RaiBlocks, which promises ultra-fast and fee-free transactions. At the moment it's only on a handful of unpopular exchanges - I'm trading for it on KuCoin - and I'm hoping once it hits something a little more mainstream it'll have a nice little pop.

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

FUN hits the press today, back up to 10p. Really wish I'd had some spare cash to buy some when it was at 5p yesterday, instant doubling.

Edit: the trading volume is up by 100% on FUN today as well. Usually it's around 2000 - 3000, today it's showing over 6,000. There's going to be a modest surge here I think.

Last edited: 19 Jan 2018
  8. Zoon

Anyone know much about CND cindicator? It's quite a new coin but it's already going nuts - up 130% in 24hrs and at a level where it's 50% higher than the dip of the past week. Not sure if it's got a solid foundation or any actual real world application or if it's just another Ponzi-coin?

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

According to the website, it's an ERC20 token which was sold to "white-listed buyers" in an ICO and which they hand-wavey plan to use as a means of providing tiered access to its cryptocurrency-centric trading data platform - the more CND you hold, the fresher and more detailed your data is. The idea, then, is that the data they provide is good enough for you to make some profitable trades on other currencies.

It's triggering a few warning bells in the back of my head, so I don't reckon I'll be taking a punt.

10. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

Just bought some Electroneum,only on Cryptopia at the moment but I think it's going to take off when it's listed on the more popular exchanges.

11. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Tittiecoin up 40%, 4th in volume on craptopia. Tittiecoin is one of the few cryptos with real word applications, being the official currency of Tittie Island. It's where I'm going after brexit, with my lambo.

12. Zoon

And that is pretty much how cryptocoins work. They come along with no real purpose or application, they try for a while to find one, then either die and everyone holding any has nothing any longer, or they go from pence to a few quid.

A lot of the ones we're talking about at the moment were 1p each last year and now are around 10p each this year. A lot of the ones that were around 10p a year ago are now around £1 - £2. A lot of the ones that were around 10p two years ago are maybe up to ten times that again ... etc.

Is it a complete pile of vapourware semi-pyramid scheme con?

Yup.

But it worked for BTC and ETH, and Monero and LTC and BCH and all of the next wave. Might work for just one of these. You can hold a thousand coins for the same amount of cash you'd spend on a meal. The odds are much better than any lottery I ever heard of that these will be worth hundreds per coin at some point in the future.

Except BitConnect. It's a full on Ponzi with no future.

TheMadDutchDude and MLyons like this.
  13. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Yep, it just got me thinking that maybe once in a while a whale decides to troll everyone by pumping a shitcoin for kicks.

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Do you mind if I steal that as a saying for when I become a superhero?

hyperion likes this.
  15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

BitTechCoin coming soon ™ /s

16. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

To the moon x10 - x100 ez money

17. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

RIP ArsCoin.

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

After my mate just made 2k GBP in crypto trading im looking to have a dabble but starting small.

Any good guides or places to research on how to start from newbies.

19. TheMadDutchDude

Rule number one: do not invest what you can’t afford to lose.

Goatee, adidan and MLyons like this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Something I've half considered but I think the boat has probably sailed unless you've already been involved (or if you mine).

I don't know, I could easily be way of the mark there but with China, Russia, Macron & Merkel all planning a clampdown and insurance heads saying regulations are inevitable it appears the landscape may change.

Or they're just trying to push values down so they can buy a load, if so then it may soon be a great time to jump on :)

How to argue with yourself on a Sunday morning...:confused: