1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V HDMI Switch Recommendations Please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blogins, 7 Jan 2018.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

As the title states I'm in need of a good quality HDMI Switch. My TV has 3 HDMI inputs currently occupied by a PS4 Pro, XBOX One X and PC. I'll keep the consoles connected directly but need a switch that'll handle my PC and maybe 4 other 1080p HDMI devices. Are there any 4K capable switches for a reasonable price out there? Recommend away! :thumb:

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Blogins likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The small ones are very hit and miss. I have one on my 65" TV, never skips a beat. However, on my 24" HDMI monitor that was used as a TV when my wife took the one from the bedroom it refused to play ball.

So I got a manual switch with press buttons on it for around £30 IIRC. It was still much cheaper than buying a whole TV. Give the cheap one a go first though. Nothing to lose at that price :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Port-1...300445&hash=item2cc7969802:g:i7QAAOSwi~5Z11Xg

Try that first.

Blogins likes this.
  4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Thanks for the advice guys! :thumb:

Had considered the Kinivo before but the 501BN is pricey for what it offers. Might go the cheap route as Vault-Tec suggested.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

7. faugusztin

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The 3-port version seems to be of a higher specification so I went for that one.

Installed it the other day and it's a very nice piece of kit. Works with the Sky Q Mini Box and surprisingly it does do 4K with my PC and the XBOX One X! So the promise of 4K at 30Hz was not an empty one, colour me impressed! Currently powered with the included Micro USB cable via the TV itself. Not tried the infra red eye and the remote and probably won't. The circular feature on the top (pictured below) is a switch in itself to select between HDMI sources so that'll do me. Don't think that was mentioned in the units literature so thought it worth stating here!

[​IMG]

9. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'll swear by U-Green as a rule of thumb, I've used their external VGA block things (that go USB+VGA to HDMI) and they work very well. They're cheap Chinese stuff, but they're not bad cheap Chinese stuff, if you see what I mean. They're an actual brand.

12. faugusztin

As long as you don't mind sometimes getting a HDMI cable with Enthernet (not my typo, Ugreen's :D).

13. dosmel

dosmel What's a Dremel?

I have a UGREEN also and it works great. It won't automatically switch to the latest input, but the good thing is that there's a remote control.