1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 4 : New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 5 Jan 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

YEESSSSSSSS

3. Vault-Tec

Just very hopeful that they actually finish it. I recall seeing a mod for L4D2 once that truly blew me away. It never released :( In fact apparently they updated that in September. Still not finished...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/chernobyl

So yeah, I just hope that this is not as hard as it looks to be (mostly a complete rewrite) because if it is it will never be done.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Still waiting for Black Mesa to be finished, and that's even on sale officially in the Steam store!

5. Vault-Tec

Yeah that was a lot of work. I'm not an expert but I did do a lot of reading when Bethesda released the G.E.C.K and realised that I needed to be a script kiddy in order to make DLC. Which was a real shame, as I had some fantastic ideas, ain't bad with a virtual paint brush and do voices very well. I wanted to make a DLC that takes place in London, only based on the 50s and 60s. Something to do with the embassy, and how we were affected. But I tried to find some one to work with me and nothing. I think I left it all a little too late..

I don't know what is actually going into this New Vegas mod. Whether he can just take all of the quest code and instructional code and just add the better graphics engine, or, have to write the whole thing again himself. In which case he stands no chance, because it took Obsidian about two years at full max out potential to make NV, which I always see as a very large DLC for Fallout (because they had the complete engine, textures, mapping etc).

One guy? haha, that would take him about ten years. So yeah, it will vary massively depending on what he can use. I hope it happens though, because I only ever played through NV twice and I suspect there is still a lot in there I have not seen. I did walk the Nevada many times, but nowhere near as comprehensively as Fallout 3. I also did not do a playthrough where I looked up all of the uber hidden stuff and so on, so there is still plenty of value in that game for me.

Having said all of that if Bethesda decided tomorrow to completely overhaul FO3 and use the new engine I would totally be on it like a car bonnet.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

We can but hope !

8. Vault-Tec

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Am I missing something, what did that video actually show me?

10. Vault-Tec

The first video depicts Fallout New Vegas running in the Fallout 4 engine. The second one depicts Fallout 3 running in the Fallout 4 engine. IE - two teams are basically rewriting both games to work in the new engine.

Be excited. Be very excited. Fallout 3 is the best game ever, but the graphics have not stood the test of time so well.

11. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

I am very excited also for these two, i loved fallout 3 more than NV tbh although NV had the better game play.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Colour me interested.

For some reason FO4 was my first FO game, been tempted by FO3 and NV but I just can't handle the graphics which annoys me no end.

Damn me!

13. Vault-Tec

It's not just you mate. Fallout 3 is my favourite game ever. We're talking 3000 hours or possibly even more. However I returned to it last year and concluded it just looked like ass. I never thought I would feel that way about it, but yeah certain scenes just looked awful no matter how many mods I installed. And it dawned on me the other day just how important the graphics are when it finally sunk in that all of the changes Bethesda had added to Fallout 4 since my first playthrough (better backgrounds, no fuzziness, hi res weapons, 4k etc) had all made it so much better as an experience.

They don't need to be world leading in terms of graphics but they do need to look at least presentable, and FO3 and NV just don't any more IMO.

I "only" played through NV two or three times. I don't even think I managed a full third playthrough (compared to about 15-20 for FO3, DLC and all). I can't game like that any more (maybe age maybe the meds I am on) but yeah at some point I dearly want to revisit NV and be a bit more thorough, like I was with FO3.

14. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I really can't get into Fallout 4, which is a pity as I want to. I think part of the problem was it bought for me as a Birthday gift from my ex Mrs and it brings back bad memories of a a really horrible birthday.

However a remake for FO3 on FO4 engine, hell yeah I'll be up for that for sure :D I played FO3 to absolute death, loved that game :D

15. Vault-Tec

I never associated Fallout with my ex for that reason. The only thing I have continued to do since we split is listen to Radiohead, as she can fork off if she thinks she's ruining that for me :D

Fallout 4 is now much, much better than it was. Let me explain...

When it launched the graphics were kinda poo. When you stood out in the open the background was fuzzy. Like terrible (the trees and stuff) this meant that the "beautiful moments" like you got in Fallout 3 (where you'd be in a patch of burnt up trees and the sun would filter through making you feel warm) were not there. However, fair play to Bethesda because they've really made it look so much better. In two ways, firstly with the HD patch and then with the HD weapon patch for Nvidia users.

[​IMG]

That is me with my special weapon *spray and pray*. It is amazing. It fires like a machine gun, but the bullets explode on impact and set people on fire. Which brings them to their knees, meaning you can go in for the kill. Now it would be rather shallow of me to say that graphics are important but in a world like Fallout 4 they are terribly important. Mostly because you need to love your surroundings, like you did in FO3. That is what the game was essentially missing for me. It was blurry and kinda rubbery? I dunno how to explain it. But now it looks soo much better. Which makes me want to explore and see it all the more.

I spent 7 hours in there yesterday, and four already today. I'll go back in a bit :)

BTW screenshot is at 4k, everything on, ultra etc but god rays set to medium.

16. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

You know now that I've seen that I reckon I can give it a good blast and see how I get on. I was told you really need to give a Bethesda game at least 10 hours to be able to get into it so probably I do that and just forget about who bought it for me and remember at the end of the day its a game like any other that I've sat down and played for hours at a time.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I had an mini gun with explosive bullets and it was the best weapon ever. +5 Splash damage Cheesecake

18. Vault-Tec

In my first playthrough as a guy I had this gun that had exploding bullets. They did hella damage. The ammo was also growing on trees (not literally but you know what I mean). This playthrough? ammo has been hard to find for anything even reasonably decent. So I have had to get used to and fall in love with a weapon only to have to stop using it for about ten hours as I could not keep it stocked with bullets. Spray and Pray was going well, but last night I did run out of ammo. Thankfully I had amassed about 500 bullets for a Assault Rifle so that will do for now. Annoying though. In FO3 you could pick your fave weapon then stick with it. I also carry a missile launcher for the mutant suiciders, as I got tired of the f****rs blowing up in my face and robbing me of a mini nuke !

Do you know how to make ammo? I really haven't made sod all yet in over 50 hours of play. Apparently you can convert ammo over or something? that would fix it tbh. I used to do that in FONV.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Capital Wasteland gameplay. Never played FO3 so looking forward to this.

20. Vault-Tec

:O go and wash your mouth out with soap !! :O never played Fallout 3... Never had that feeling when you leave the vault for the first time. Wow !

Edit. Hang on, that isn't the one I posted unless they've changed the name or there are two teams basically working on the same thing lol.

Ah well, I'm not fussy :D

Edit again. Yeah, they have changed the name. It was called Alpha and Omega before.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2018