1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

FC2 was bloody awful. Beautiful awful, but still awful. Just far too repetitive to be any fun at all. Some of the weapons were ace, though. Can't get into Portal. Am beginning to realise my medication changes me, lowers my thought process and makes me less intelligent. Still, it's better than going round the twist every couple of months and at least I don't just burst into tears any more. But yeah, the bit in Far Harbour (and how little of it I can remember) reminded me of that.

Ed. Have you ever played Crysis : Warhead Glenn? it's acebest.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Decided against FC2, oh well will need to trawl though my list and yes I do have Crysis Warhead.

Edit: Went with Crysis Warhead and immediately thought after playing a while is what is the point of the pistol? So often pistols are included as your default weapon and you would do better throwing pebbles.

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Sat waiting patiently for Battalion 1944 Beta, I backed it on Kickstarter when it first showed up on there and love it.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Still on Witcher 3. Still not grabbed by it.

Oh and what have they done to Triss? I don't remember her voice being so annoying.

And Dandelion? Needs a punch.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Crysis 2. Forgot what a great game this is.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

It's bloody hard though if you don't use the invisible thing ! endless enemies lol.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I hadn't noticed that to be honest though I am being a bit more tactical with this playthrough. Even taking down the helicopter was easy this time round.

8. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

So would you say having the DLCs for FO4 is a must? I'm pondering if it's worth getting rid of my version of the game and getting the GOTY edition..

9. Vault-Tec

Far Harbour is the only DLC worth playing, IMO. The others? quickly summed up. Mechanist and Vault (forget the number) are absolute tosh. If you like Minecraft and building then they may have slight appeal. Me? I've not built anything I didn't have to for a quest, as I see it as complete crap that should never, EVER have been put into a Fallout game. I would much rather have the proper custom weapons and etc back from FO3 and bin the crap.

Nuka World had about the most promise for a DLC ever, but is tedious and boring.

Far Harbour? this is what Fallout 4 should have been all the way through. It's absolutely bloody brilliant. Atmosphere, no dumb building and proper quests and boss men.

Jake123456 likes this.
  10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Still plodding along in Destiny 2, I'm back to being solo again as everyone else has gone to other games, so I just want to get all 6 of my ladies to level cap before the next DLC. Almost done on PC!

Started playing My Time at Portia yesterday because I've had such an awful week. It's nice, but I am not impressed with killing all the cute creatures! Also, the devs think you make dough with flour and mucus... :eyebrow: No.

Also in the Sea of Thieves closed beta. Still loving this game and actually really pleased I enjoy watching streams of it too! Had a tense moment earlier as my little solo boat with its 3 treasure chests on board sailed towards an outpost I was set upon by a team of 4 manning a very large ship! I outmanoeuvred them and got to the other side of the outpost before unloading all my chests on the shore. Then it was a mad rush to sell them all before I was spotted. They sank my ship, but there was nothing on it at that point so I didn't care. Managed to snipe one of them from some bushes before I made my escape :D For such a silly game, my heart was really racing!

11. adidan

Oh yes.

Spent an age in Far Habor and after initially not being too fussed by Nuka World I ended up spending more time there than FH.

Mind you both of those were helped by running the mod for different starts (start me up IIRC) so starting as a shipwrecked fisherman trying to get back to FH or just a lowlife scumbag finding a home in NW added a bit more fun for me.

DLC definitely worth it though.

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the Far Harbour DLC when I played it, probably because I already spent so much time on Fallout 4 that my mind was pretty much to tired of the game to be interested in the story anymore.
    I may go back to it with a fresh start to see if I enjoy it more...

Still mostly playing Space Engineers at the moment, built up a decent sized base on the planet with all of the essential machines connected up and have a basic four drill mining ship for gathering resources. My next plan is to build a small vessel to test leaving and returning to the planet before I go and build something substantial that'll take loads of resources.
    I forgot how irritating the constant meteor storms get after a few hours of playing, they pretty much never threaten the base and just cause performance issues with the game having to recalculate for the changes to the landscape. I might turn off the meteor storms while I'm on the planet as they shouldn't cause as much problems with the game's performance once I'm back in space.

13. Vault-Tec

FH feels the most like FO3. What was also excellent were the varying ways you could approach it. Kill one? kill two? kill all? that is up to you. It's quite amazing just how much it puts into your hands tbh. Much more like FONV.

14. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Awesome, I'm gonna trade in my base copy into Game tomorrow then and get the GOTY editon :D

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. adidan

Looks like Steam have a lunar sale on from 15th-19th February if you wanted to hang on (not sure if it'll be on sale and how much though)

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Its been reduced to £19.99 in the last couple sales, so pretty good chance it will be included again.

17. Vault-Tec

I got totally duped. Bought the Season Pass long before they had shown the goods lol. Ah well, you live and learn.

I realised the other day that Fallout 4 has finally bitten me how it should. I went back to Boston expecting it to be crap but it's feeling better all of the time. I don't quite know why. I know some things take ages to bite me (autism) and I am usually playing games long after every one else has stopped. It might just be the HD pack with the HD weapons and so on, and 4k combined.

One thing I remember hating was how the most beautiful of scenes had horrible fuzzy backgrounds. And I ran it at 4k with my Fury X (albeit terribly) around launch time and I seriously don't remember it looking this good. It's so crisp and clear now, like playing a totally different game.

And I'm also craving FONV now. So when I am done with my second full playthrough of 4 there's that to fall back on. I've never sided with Caesar before.

18. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just had a blast playing a few hours of Gang Beasts with my brothers and the kids of family friends.
    Used all the controllers we could find: a keyboard, an XBOX360 controller, 3 Gamecube controllers, an USB NES controller and even an ancient flightsim joystick, all of which kind of worked once I figured out how to configure them in the game (apart from one bizarre bug where 1 of the GC controllers would always revert to its default config after a while).
    I really like that it's chaotic enough that even the worst players can get a win or two purely by chance or the misfortune of others and have a good time.

MLyons likes this.
  19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

South Park: Fractured but whole
    It's fairly entertaining thus far. The wit of the first game is still there even if the story missions haven't been as memorable.

20. Vault-Tec

I keep forgetting to play that haha. I don't like it as much as the first one. Laughably because I don't like the new combat model as much as the old one. I liked it simple, but they changed that.