1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education What would you call it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 4 Feb 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have Googled till I am pulling my hair out. But obviously the words I am using are not remotely correct.
    I stay in a block of 6 flats and the external names plate Is getting a bit tatty. In the past I have made something using a bit of perspex with cardboard for the names and a bit of double sided tape to keep out the elements.
    But looking to buy a half decent one but for the life of me cannot find anything, plenty of single names on brass plates but nothing that will allow me to input six different names and change them should a flat change hands.
    Anyone help me out here?

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is what you're looking for an enclosed letter board?

Or just an external notice board that you can write on and/or stick stuff too like these.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Doesn't look like it mate. It is ridiculous as this should not be hard to find as they are outside all blocks of flats.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So are you after a single board / sign / plate that you can change the wording on or individual boards / signs / plates that allows you to change what each one says?

EDIT: A pegboard?

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I would just stick a sheet of acrylic down then get some plates engraved. They don't cost much, I had one done for my Waynio build. You can also ask them to sell you blanks, in case some one moves.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Tomorrow I will photo what we currently have outside the main door to the block of flats. As I said it is nothing more that bit of perspex covering a sheet of cardboard on which I typed flat owners names. But I know these things can be bought as you can see them outsid any block of flats.
    Not sure what you mean at all.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OK cut a plate of acrylic. Then get some name plates made up like this.

[​IMG]

They are either self adhesive, or I used double sided sticky tape. IIRC it was less than £2. Then stick them on. Order a couple of blanks with no engraving if you have some one move in etc. They can write on it or whatever.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Being bored and too impatient to wait for a picture is it something like these?

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That is getting closer. But they are individual name plates and by the looks of them they are for internal use.

This is the rubbish we have now but it has served it's purpose but I want to replace this with something neater.
    [​IMG]
    I am thinking of a simple photo frame that I could mod in some way to make it weather proof.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

A waterproof snap frame?

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That is a possibility if I can find one the suitable size, nice one.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder