1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ultimate big boys toys?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 Feb 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Tea and crumpets yum, if you change the tea to coffee and would it be OK to nuke Richard Branson's island Necker as he really has provided a rubbish service on the East Coast rail line?

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Long as its good coffee, an certainly we need to invest and get that Brunell chap resurrected the Chinese have cloned a monkey how hard can it be.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

One of these too plz.

wolfticket likes this.
  4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

SR-71 Blackbird has always had refueling capability (It's the red square behind the 2nd cockpit), as its fuel tanks leak so badly on the ground due to expansion/contraction of the metal, it always has to be topped off right after takeoff.

MLyons likes this.
  5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That's OK I always carry one of these.
    [​IMG]

MLyons and Guest-23315 like this.
  6. legoman

This is rapidly turning into a Bond villan style toy fest

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

What else were you expecting?

Im just waiting for Justin Trudeau to come and tell us off for calling them 'Boys Toys'...

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not sure if i prefer this or the SR-71
    [​IMG]

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

B2 every day for me, but if I had the garage space, both would be nice.

That said, if I could have one, it would be an X-29 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_X-29

Without a doubt me favourite micro-machine as a child, for reasons which should be obvious.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2018
  10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

B1 > B2.

11. Mister_Tad

If we're going retro, I'd go for an A10 over a B1.

Which reminds me, I was one in the near-vicinity of a number of tests of a gatling cannon. I don't think it was a GAU-8, maybe a Vulcan? It was loud. And buzzy.

EDIT: No, based on the location and what I believe it was attached to, I'm going to say it was a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_BK-27
    At "only" up to 1700 rounds/min, I can't fathom what 6000+ would sound like.

I also had the privilege of a very low fly-over from an Apache (on a different occasion). Easily top-5 highlight of my work-related experiences. I'd take one of those whilst we're at it, way more practical than a B2 as well.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2018
    Arboreal likes this.
  12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@legoman - The Spartan would be nice for traffic, but I don't think it's old enough to get a pass on emissions restrictions here.
    Plus, bigger is better. I would also play the Russian mud lottery if I was insanely rich. "c'mon, Tiger... Crap! it's another T-34."

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I often get groups of 5 blacked out helicopters (What I assume are Apaches) flying over my house in the wee hours of the morning. Never worked out why but it happens at least twice a month.

15. Mister_Tad

I was surprised how I didn't hear much of anything until it was right on top of me. Granted it was a fairly noisy environment, but it wasn't a case of "ooh I hear a helicopter" and looking for it, it just appeared out of nowhere <10m overhead, did a heavily banked 180 (and all of the noise, ever), and disappeared again. Just awesome.

16. MLyons

i hear it for maybe 5 seconds maximum and mostly only catch it if I happen to be outside at the time or don't have headphones on. I also don't live in a loud area this is at like 3AM. They really are amazing machines.

17. legoman

True, there is always this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T28_Super_Heavy_Tank

From what I have see of late while the Soviet Mud Lotto is mainly T34's your more likely to pull a Stug from the Polish bogs, couple of rumours of panthers or JPz4's about too.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

19. legoman