1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Currently Passenger missions are pretty much the only option for making fast, large amounts of credits even after the nerf I can still make a nice chunk just not as much as I could before.

I have spent alot of time recently engineering my Corvette even more, and still have abit more to do to it but when this update drops I am going straight back to that system from the video earlier and see how my Corvette stands again.

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Bought a DBX and am going round scanning ancient obelisks for Ram Tahs mission, currently at 66mil reward, should be 67mil but I somehow missed one, found which one it is though, just have to drop back in on the way back to meene. 101mil reward will be nice when I've done, :D

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well I bought a Beluga Liner, fully kitted it out to do passenger missions, and I have to say... "What a bag of ****!" :grin: The bloody thing keeps getting jammed and blows up in the slot! Which costs me 6million Cr to rebuy, and then you get fined just because the stupid over sized fins an the rear get stuck, and no amount of thrust in any direction will set you free. Anyone else had that trouble?

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If you get stuck in the slot, deploy and retract the landing gear over and over until you get loose.

For reasons known only to Frontier your ship briefly noclips when cycling it's landing gear, allowing you to inch out of a jam.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I tried that too, but it still wouldn't set me free...

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Couldn't find the last ancient scan that I was missing, so got a 100m reward, :D. So now I've got 135mil, what should I splash my cash on?

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You could fit a furdelance nicely for that kind of cash. :)

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I need to get my joystick out of the cupboard and get back into this I think. Has anyone set up a Bit-Tech private group?

9. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

I don't think we have a group?

And yeah joystick up CMDR o7

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I had a spare 40mil, so I decided to buy another ASP Explorer and kit it out for exploring, so I took my first trip to Orion Nebula, only to be blown away by finding a station being built into an asteroid, and the vast cluster of stars together. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fix-the-spade likes this.
  11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Be careful with exploring, it's easy to get carried away and be out there for months at a time.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  12. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Not sure if it's worth setting one up - given the size of the universe it's still unlikely we'll be playing together unless we make a conscious effort to group together.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yeah, I can see that. There's me thinking I've travelled a vast distance, only to zoom out on the galaxy map and be a smidge away from the bubble... Lol

I'm happy to join a group depending on what you guys are planning?

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just loaded this up.

Got the thrustmaster flight x thingy plugged in and going through tutorials.

First thing: Buttons
    Second thing: Buttons
    Third thing: Moar buttons!!!!

Confusing myself even in training. May just throw myself in and have an explore...

Edit: anybody got any decent mapping suggestions for the TM Flight X?

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I decided to make my own, and learn them to suit my needs, though this is setup for VR.

I use modifiers, So Modifier 1 is for flying controls, Mod 2 is Miscellaneous, Mod 3 is for combat.

Also have it all working on the galaxy map in VR, and free camera with the Hotas.

https://www.mcdee.net/elite/scripts/bindings.py

[​IMG]

Byron C and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

Cheers dude.

Good starting point, no doubt i'll tinker once i get into it.

17. adidan

Thanks for the pointers in the just bought thread guys. Not sure how I ended up posting there.

Anyway, only a few hours in. It is fun, not really done much apart from delivery runs and the like. Just a couple of interdictions and runaways. Just pottering about on trade runs at least got me used to the flight so I could boost, dodge and bugger off :)

Not even upgraded anything yet apart from a fuel scoop.

May look at scan jobs and srving. Leaving fighting for a bit, not even fired a gun yet, just dodged them.

Tiz fun. Kinda does remind me of the original a little.

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Guardian Modules Oh Yes!!

Not tried them yet, but I think I have just found the fastest way to get them.

Got my Exploration Annaconda up to 60Ly jump range, and it's still not finished on the FSD roles and doesn't even have the Mass Manager on it yet either so with that all done, I reckon I could be close to 65Ly.

Then with the Guardian Power Plant I should be able to drop from a 5A Power Plant to a 3A Power Plant which is a nice drop in Mass so should increase my jump range even further.

Off work next week so it's time to grind out the materials.

19. adidan

Going to have to read up. I have no idea what you're talking about :)

Thought the comm challenges may be a good thing to do as a noob but when it's over 2,000Ly away that ain't happening and I think i reas something about having to get access for the Sol region anyway.

Think i'll just pootle. Took a not too long batch of deliveries that ended up bringing a many jump trip as still on the sidey.

Not bad though, saw some sights, picked up more deliveries for on the route and can now pick up a Cobra and kit it out now i've got there.

I like getting lost.

Edit: hm. If i'd started the game earlier i think i'd hit the CC, yeah a long way but a good way to explore. Not sure i could do it in 3 days now... ponders...

Last edited: 4 Mar 2018
  20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Looks like another patch (3.0.2) has dropped. Approx 400mb download.