1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think you missed one!

MLyons likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IanW likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You have to hand it to BT though, they even provide a forum on which employess can complain about them.

That's above and beyond for an employer really :)

MLyons likes this.
  4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

I really cannot cope with my Tinnitus.

Medication hasn't helped. I cannot sleep at night, but start to nod off at work. Depression is back at full force. Doctor tells me he has done everything he can and that I should "think positive". However he will not prescribe psychotherapy as I "had one recently, also there's no budget. You just got to think positive!"

Fun times.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't complain, I love working here. Just salty when I get back from 3 hours in our hot as hell server room to find my keyboard blank, the keycaps in a bowl and the only caps on the keyboard are R, E, K and T. Just realised I've exposed my personal Instagram accidentally aswell :nono:

IanW and adidan like this.
  6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Moving the entire London office on Friday.

Turns out because im not a total idiot I've been roped in to help the IT Department set stuff up at the other end.

Kronos, IanW and MLyons like this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Burned the entire afternoon and most of the evening 'cos my cat's ill - crystals in his bladder blocking his urethra. Apparently if I'd waited a day to take him in he'd probably be dead. He's now at the animal hospital for overnight observation on IV fluids, after being catheterised and flushed out.

Now I'm just hoping the insurance doesn't screw me over, 'cos we're up to £1,200 already and he still needs a further appointment to see how he's getting on - not to mention the £30 water fountain and £40 worth of special wet food I've just bought...

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's not good news, hope the kitty is ok :(.

Water fountains are worth the extra maintenance and faff though. It's a PITA cleaning it and buying filters regularly but both of ours use it a lot, they drink way more than they ever used to when it was just a plain bowl of water.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

#pray4kitty

The_Crapman, adidan and MLyons like this.
  10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Things ain't looking great. He came home this morning hopped up on painkillers and seemingly much better, but he's not drinking, only managed a couple of tiny wees, and is now back to straining over his tray. Back to the animal hospital for IV fluids and overnight observation, again - and the bill continues to mount.

I really hope that he just needs more time to recover. He's about 11 years old, which isn't *that* old for a cat, and I'm not ready to say goodbye (though, I feel it's worth saying, I'll do so at the drop of a hat if he's in pain and has little chance of improvement - I'm sentimental, not cruel.)

Byron C, adidan and MLyons like this.
  11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hope he pulls through dude.

Our lass is 14 but still acts like a grumpy kitten. Something happened in NZ though, not sure if she had a run in with a possum, but that was a very long week back then so I know what it's like.

Funny how little furballs can stress and cost you so much.

Yes, yes we did fly our cat over with us...

12. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

RESPECT !

fix-the-spade likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Off work sick, nothing major just a bad cold and exhausted, as the wife had it last week and snore like a wildebeest so I got no sleep.

Anyhoo, feeling better this morning, but a second day off relaxing should sort me right out. Went for my second coffee of the morning and a dump, sat on the throne when something brown and furry crawls under the door, sees me and scampers off behind the washing basket, including comedy cartoon scampering nowhere fast on the tiled floor. I yelp, grab the mop and try giving it a whack, miss hopelessly and under the bath it goes.

3 odd hours later I've only just got my coffee, holes round waste pipes filled with a random mix of pebbles, evostick strong stuff and conti board, but I managed to dislodge the pipe under the sink and shed water everywhere, so that needs fixing now. Shattered again. And was meant to spend the afternoon working on my rig. :sigh:

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The little b*stich will chew through that in no time. I heard the best fix is stuff the holes with steel wool, then spray foam over it. The steel wool will make them think twice about chewing anything ever again! :thumb:

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I shouldn't imagine it'll chew through pebbles? Didn't have any filler or anything you'd usually fill holes in walls with, so had to make do with the resources at hand. Or outside on the floor in the case of the stones. lol

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

For every hole you fill in there will be ten more you don't know about. We had work done on an empty flat beneath us which must disturbed a load of furry vermin. I kill at least three, but still I could hear them gnawing. So got myself a rescue cat and problem gone.
    Though now the cat, Millie, will catch mice and birds and bring them home alive for me to hone my hunting skills whilst she watches with that disdainful look only the way a cat can as I charge about the flat with plastic tub in hand as I try not to kill them.
    Got a couple of those humane traps down as well.

17. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Wire wool and expanding foam cheesecake. But, as Glenn correctly notes, there are likely plenty of other holes you haven't filled. I'm sure I saw a mouse in my old place with a hard hat on, and holding a miner's lamp .They're devious little buggers. Since having a (really very irritating) cat, I've not seen a mouse in my house...

The_Crapman likes this.
  18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So my car got clamped for having no road tax in September fair enough, I taxed the car, paid the fine and they came and removed the clamp.

A week ago I had a letter saying I'd been fine another £100 for the car not being taxed on that day lol when I paid the fine and retaxed my car I thought that was it surely I don't have to pay another fine??

19. MLyons

unless you got caught while it was stationary then while on the move by a camera.

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

When you say you paid the fine, do you mean the fee to have your car unclamped?

MLyons likes this.