1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts on Cryo-chills fluid

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by BU5H W00K1E, 16 Feb 2018.

1. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

so if you haven’t seen this fluid it’s another Vue,Aurora style fluid. It also runs the same price and they(ufo technology) state that it has has unlimited run time and shouldn’t have any problems like vue.

When I first got it I thought it looked incredible and was really happy with my purchase, but noticed none of the flake floating around it and quickly realized it all sank to the bottom. I thought okay well it was sitting for 3 days maybe it’ll be fine.

After installing my blocks and cleaning the loop I threw the fluid in, and quickly realized it’s very transparent, which from pictures doesn’t look to be. Well I ran the system for 2 days no problem and turned it off maybe once for about 20 mins.
    Today tho it was off for about 14 hours while at work and all the flake and sank to the bottom of the res. Sadly the only way I can see it picking back up is if I disconnected the res and shake it like a magic 8 ball. Wait there is more! Not only has the flake sank to the bottom of the res but now it sounds like a grinding noise coming from the res.

Safe to say at first glance it was a 10/10, but now it’s a -10/10 having it look good until it remained off for more then a couple mins and causing who knows what problems with my pump. It sadly will forever remain a never recommend in my book.

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Thanks for the cautionary tale. I may well have tried it had I come across it first, so you've saved me and a lot of others a lot of hassle. :thumb:

3. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

no problem, the sound in my pump has gone away, but not it looks like dyed water. Within the next week or so imma swap it out for pastel coolant.

4. The_Crapman

I'd get it out asap before it starts clogging up your blocks, dying your tubing etc. Better to have tap water in than that stuff probably. lol

5. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

ya good point i might as well grab some distilled water while im at the store

6. The_Crapman

Will be a good stop-gap till you get the pastel.