1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The ROG Desk

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by failariel, 18 Feb 2018.

1. failariel

failariel What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Good afternoon guys.
    After a lot of time thinking about posting my work in this forum I decided to do it. And what better way than with a very crazy project.

SPONSORS

[​IMG]

SPECS

[​IMG]

This time I bring you something I had to do but I never dared. A MOD desk. The why, because all the desk mod are always the same ... we go the typical hardware inside a table.
    I wanted to take that concept to the extreme, give a face-lift to this type of design. For which one day I was thrown on the sofa I came up with the design of cubes. These in specific:

[​IMG]
    Of which, editing and editing with the help of my friends from ibercool, the following was achieved:

[​IMG]
    So how to use this design in my idea of desk .... many ideas came up, but the one that best suited my crazy idea of taking this project to its maximum splendor was that instead of using steel or aluminum for construction of the structure use crystal. Yes, crystal. But how to use glass to create a structure ... thanks to a few tabs that with the help of some screws would be all coupled. How ?, here the ej:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, so far so good but apart from the glass the table would have to have another type of material for a more than obvious reason. The glass retains heat, unlike other materials such as steel or aluminum. Apart from that I wanted to give those cubes the usefulness of using acrylic tubes to simulate that they are the profiles of the table, and of course I would have to circulate refrigerant liquid through them. So here after several days of designs, sketches and a lot of monster, the following was achieved:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So once with the half design, it was still necessary to prepare the whole measurement dimension and hardware and WC simulation. See well where to place the power supply etc. And so the result is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My idea is to have two circuits ... one for the outer tubes and another for the hardware circuit. Therefore I will use 4 pumps d5 to be able to move the amount of liquid. Of course, since the external circuit will not pass through any block, my idea is to use the liquid mayhems Aurora ... that or the new VUE of primochill.
    And to finish with the presentation of the sketch of the project the deposit. Which has also been done from 0 and with several designs to the end ... I have to highlight a sentence that I'll carve in which is pursuing your dreams .. even though I'm thinking about changing it by the phrase I always say. If you can dream it, you can build it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you like my crazy idea of Desk Mod and enjoy with me this report that I will do little by little both for images and videos.
    Thank you very much for your attention.

2. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Looks very interesting indeed, wont those exposed pipes be in risk of breaking when you sit right next to them?

_Prometheus_ likes this.
  3. failariel

It does not have to be dangerous for tubes. even so they are very close to the profile of the desk. but it is clear that having that on the outside you have to be more careful. ^^

4. failariel

Good guys

I bring you some photos of the process of cutting metals .. At ease!

the ROG lines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The low area and the double bottom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here all ready to start the folds.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow the folds begin so I'll upload pictures.
    Also the presentation of the hardware.

5. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Great design, looking forward to seeing the final results.

6. failariel

Thnx bro!! I'm finishing polishing some things with the reservoir to upload the images

7. failariel

Good afternoon guys, here are some pictures of how the reservoir is taking shape ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [/

This week I will show you all the complete hardware, since I already have the confirmation from the last manufacturer that was going to join the sponsor template.

We continue !!!​

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Love the design, and that top fan panel if fantastic.
    I'm a little worried about the glass, though. The pipe frame design looks really flexible, and the glass is the only thing keeping it from twisting from what I see. -So it's going to put a lot of strain on the glass mounting points.

9. anibal667

anibal667 Oh Wait!

:clap: Vitoloooooooo negroloooooo nice start dude =)

10. failariel

Thank you very much for the good vibes cheapskate.

Actually the crystals are sitting on the bottom of the desk. They are not suspended in the air.
    Apart from that the upper tube, the one that is longer. It will have hidden a small support to avoid the one that comes down because of the weight.
    Also I had thought to put a flow meter .. but since I want to use mayhems aurora in the outer circuit discard that idea.

Eseeleee negroloooo thanks my man!!!