1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning 3 loop wall mounted scratch build!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BU5H W00K1E, 27 Feb 2018.

1. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

So I just finished my first build that i posted on this site and i was more then happy with how it turned out. Except one thing. The case! I used the thermal take view 71 and i just wasn't happy with how cramped everything was in the case.So the past week I've been searching the web looking for a new case.The cases that seemed to work, were a lot out of my budget, but with a some skill at 3d modeling and machine work i decided why not build a case!

Now the first step is to choose a name!
    Thinking Nereus! one of the Greek sea gods!
    Specs will be
    Core i7 8700k
    Asus strix z370
    32gb of ddr4 2400 mhz
    PNY 1080 ti!

Here are some renders of the build I've done. Thinking of using gold fittings and painting the case a nice pearl white, similar to the one seen on Buick and Cadillac
    [​IMG]
    The case with all the parts. Everything will be made from aluminum . The square rods will be welded to the bottom(far right plate) and the middle plate. The side sections will be screwed on for easy removal and the front glass will be screwed to the front square rods.

[​IMG]
    Here you can see the front(left) and back area of the case(left)
    The back of the case will house the power supply, cables, pumps. and soft tubing coming from the pass through ports.( the front and back area will be secured by welding the square tubes)

[​IMG]
    Here you can see the case in it's assembled stages
    the left one is the case empty without the glass. The middle is with the glass. The right one has the parts installed and u can see that the cpu, ram, and gpu will have their own loops, which consist of different color blues. You can also see that the motherboard is turned 90 degrees and the cables will come out the bottom of the case. As for how i will be wall mounted it's something I'm still in the process of figuring out.

2. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

Looks cool dude but a loop for the ram is 100% not worth doing, you would be better off spending the money elsewhere.

3. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

True but my current build which I’m using the blocks and hardware from already has a ram block on it.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That's a huge amount of space for just wires, pumps, and harddrives. You'd probably want to mount everything on the center plate so it could be worked on off the wall. The way it's to be welded might need more bar on the back side to stiffen the sheet metal. In fact, it might be better to make a frame inside the back chamber and the middle and back panel could be screwed to that.
    The mounting screws will collide in the tiny bar in that configuration. If you will be using real glass, the mounts are too close to the edges, the glassier will probably refuse to make it like that.

Also... It's square. :(
    I'd ditch the loop just for the memory, and the top rad. You could bring the top down and have the reservoirs poking out of the top.
    You will want to work out the rad outlet positions too. I know it's a work in progress, but It's a scratch build. You have the opportunity to get creative.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2018
    cobalt6700 likes this.
  5. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Ya I was worried about it having support problems. But it’s 1/4 thick aluminum so imma strength test some soon and I like the res coming out the top . Might have to do a re design. Thanks for the input cheapskate! Been a follower of your stuff for years

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

1/4"? I thought it was 1/8" :lol: You can probably skip the frame suggestion then. You could probably get away with welding shorter bars to the back half of the mounting bars to have a removable center plate, or just do it the way you planned, but leave the back removable. (Bill's got me trained to design everything flat-packable. It clouds my judgement.)

7. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

I think the fumes from all of brad's paint job back in the day might of got to him lol. I was gonna do 1/8 but the only place near me that can do cuts with .01 inches of tolerance only does 1/4 and higher. I could cut it myself but it's easier to have them cut it and me weld it all lol