1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How long has it been since your last build?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Modsbywoz, 27 Feb 2018.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I don't even bother with a door anymore, just one of those chain link curtains :winking:

Anyway, on topic, I'm just upgrading my core system for the first time in about 5 years, from sig to de-lidded 7700K, Z270i, m.2 nvme drive and 16gigs ram. Gpu might get upgraded later this year. Although have had to replace the psu in that time.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

And there I was just about to invite you to the Ivybridge booze up.

* dancing girls cancelled *

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's not finished yet! Surely until I've booted it up it's not been upgraded?:nono:

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dancing girls too sad at the thought. They don't like to see me envious either, bless 'em.

Nice upgrade though, i'm trying to employ something called patience. Not something that sits well with me.

5. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Is my Sandybridge setup invited to the Ivy party? I haven't actually touched mine since updating to a 780ti...it's pretty desperately due an upgrade, but I might just get a laptop or prebuilt with component pricing as it is. :(

6. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

My last complete scratch build was just over 7 years ago with my parents desktop. I could argue that my gaming rig has simply been updated multiple times since I originally built it just over 10 years ago in Feb 2008 as I've not started completely over since then (I moved everything into the current case in 2012, before buying my current Haswell parts and transplanting them into the same case), but that's about as fair as Trigger claiming to have used the same broom for a couple of decades despite multiple handle and brush replacements...

Since the mobo/cpu upgrade my own rig had an 840 evo installed in late 2013, otherwise it's been the same apart from more storage and a GPU swap. Last time I tinkered with anything was my parents PC by swapping out the questionable Clarkdale mobo with the current (and so far faultless) Skylake mobo that currently runs that PC.