1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Headphone recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spraduke, 25 Jan 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well I must admit that I do not look at WHF? much unless I need an opinion on something I am looking to buy or what not. Not any more. Audio was my obsession now it is computers (as you may have noticed lol) and BMX bikes. However...

https://www.whathifi.com/beats-dr-dre/pill/review

https://www.whathifi.com/beats-dr-dre/urbeats/review

Are both products I have looked up in the past. As I say, they are generally pretty harsh on Beats stuff (and rightly so) and I've never seen any of the other products score higher than a 3 star, apart from Studio. And this is a world wide consensus really. IE - all of the other ones are pretty much trash apart from Studio.

I love my Powerbeats, but only for one use. I connect them up to the most powerful pre/power headphone amps I have and then I sit there listening to bass test tracks and so on. And for that they are amazing lol :D

Edit. Beats Pro Detox and not real ones either, not Powerbeats..

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

In what universe is three out of five stars trash?! Three out of five is above-average, 2.5 would be average, 2 would be below average, and 1 would be trash (assuming that you can't score 0 stars.)

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I know, but they obviously lack the critical reviewing prowess that you have. It's rare to find any reviewer these days who is allowed to be that fussy and that picky. Which sucks, but that is how the world works now. I mentioned it in the thread the other day how the only magazine I can buy now that isn't full of BS is CPC.

BTW BITD WHF? were that fussy and picky and I enjoyed reading the reviews of crappy products as much as the good ones :D

Then again I enjoyed YOB in What Sinclair? was it? or was it C&VG? where people would write in to be slagged off lol.

4. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Have to second Sony. I have a set of MDR-10RBTs I use wired for gaming and then wireless when out and about. Really nice sound an comfortable to boot.

If ii is price based have a look at the MDR XB650BT. About £100 in most places but currently £69 on AO. Three colours as well.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2018
  5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator