1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Due to my time living in the USA I have quite a few Facebook friends who are American. And seriously, it's like watching some one try to take a dummy from a crying baby. They will basically come up with some serious crap just to prove they have to have their guns.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What is more scary is that Trump wants to arm teachers even though he was told that whilst training police cadets have an 80% accuracy rate which drops to 18% out in the real world and we all know that the American police do love to shoot people so where are 82% of the bullets going? And how accurate are teachers likely to be I wonder?

TheMadDutchDude and Arboreal like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I imagine arguing gun laws with some is the same as trying to use logic and reason when discussing a religious person's deity.

I'm saying there the argument may be similar rather than guns and deities before someone throws their 'good' book at me.

Arboreal likes this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Reports of empty shelves and 'panic buying' last week
    Why do they call it panic buying when it is invariably nothing of the sort for the most part?
    It is greedy inconsiderate people being taken in by the over the top reporting on TV and in the papers of impending destruction of civilisation by snow and buying more than they need and can possibly use.

TheMadDutchDude, IanW and adidan like this.
  5. adidan

Well when I panic buy I tend to run around picking randomly only to find that I have a pot noodle, sanitary pads and a multipack of scourers.

Quite apt I think.

6. adidan

I could see the green of the garden this morning. Snow is becoming a memory. :(

Oh and where frozen dog crap that owners leave around has melted into runny puddles of festering impressions of Victorian slop outs.

Nice.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'd love to have gone panic buying, but alas our empty shelves were as a result of no shops in town in receiving any deliveries from Thursday.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The so called panic buying probably had a hand in why shelves were empty.

9. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Overdid it shovelling snow a bit and wrenched my arm (shoulder). Knew I was gonna pay for it when I was doing it but ah well.

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Something else to add, the teachers will basically be shooting children, which is something no one should have to do. I can see them simply not being able to do it because its a horrible thing to have to do.

Also re the former white stuff, my mother was part of those shelf clearers, she decided she needed to get twelve pints of milk, seeing as its just her as I'm lactose intolerant, it was all for her, an she drank mainly hot Bovril all week owning to the fact she didn't have any teabags.
    Anyway the snow was as usual disruptive and as usual the tabloid media outlets, over exaggerated it (here at least) yes we had 5ft drifts in places an a few roads were impassable but there were always options. I think the only day I was a bit iffy was Friday purely because the BMWs had been out polishing the snow to a compacted ice at the bottom of the hill by failing terribly to try an get up it.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have/had a bulk item uplift organised for today, two wardrobes and to cupboards, but due to the snow the new stuff failed to arrive so the old stuff did not go out for collection. No problem I will call and reschedule which I did on Friday except after a 10 minute automated call I was told that in fact the council offices were closed.
    This morning I tried again only to be told by some jobsworth that it was too late to reschedule as the lorry was already doing his rounds and that I should have done it earlier. I explained that I had tried to do so but all council workers were tucked up at home because of snowmaggedon.
    After a bit of a pause common sense prevailed and I have another collection date for next week.

I despair at public service workers these days, where has common sense gone?

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Possible, but unlikely, I was the first through the doors Friday mornings after having to abort going in to work, they're small local stores, they don;t carry a massive amount of stock.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Fair enough my local shop also struggled for milk, my post was more about the major supermarkets.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

To add insult to a kick in the nuts...

[​IMG]

This should be my board's onboard WiFi/Bluetooth...

Can i get it to work? no...
    Can i go wired? no...
    Can i get into the BIOS to disable it? that's also a no...
    Can i disassemble my PC to get at the card to physically remove it from the board? nopey mcnopeface

16. Zoon

I have a spare netgear USB 802.11n wifi stick you're welcome to if it's any help. I'll pop it in the post for nothing, and if you don't have any other networking I can try and find a blank CD to chuck the drivers on? Or I'll give you a freebie 1gb usb stick with them if I can't find a CD.

RedFlames likes this.
  17. RedFlames

Right now i can't even get the PC to POST, so some scratting around for the clear_rtc jumper is in order i think...

...that or finding somewhere where i can open it up, take the board out and remove the card, see if that helps.

18. Zoon

Yep sounds like some troubleshooting is required. Just PM me if you want the USB stick, offer open to you as long as you need. Just sitting on it as a spare otherwise.

19. RedFlames

Needs some Dwarven Engineering*...

*everything can be fixed with the correct application of the correct hammer

20. adidan

All you need are 2 steel ignots, 1 iron ignot, 2 dwarven metal ignots, 3 leather strips and you're good to go.

Some engineering requires enchantment.